Bowl cleaning

HighHowRU

How often should a bowl and screen be cleaned?

And I've heard more than once the black tar-like substance shouldn't be wasted - just scraped and smoked again. What is this substance, and is it indeed good to smoke it?

I've never actually had my own pipe to smoke out of, but I believe the sticky stuff is resin, and some people say you can scrape it into a ball and smoke it. It will supposedly get you high, but taste horrible. And I don't know how often you should clean it, sorry

I don't smoke that stuff. It's tar, like from a cigarette. I may get you high, but it is heavy with the bad crap you don't want in your lungs.

I clean my glass whenever it bothers me.

To quick-clean a bowl I turn it upside down, heat the inside with my lighter, and then being careful not to burn myself, I wipe it out with a wad of paper towel. Takes 15 seconds.

To clean properly, I soak in 90% or better isopropyl alcohol, then rinse with hot water after a day or more.

If I'm in a hurry or there is a particularly tough bit, I fill the piece halfway with alcohol, add a bunch of sea salt, cover the openings and shake the bejeezus out of it. Repeat as needed and rinse.

:peace:

I clean mine once a week.

That black sticky stuff is most commonly called Resin.

Yes, it can get you high, but the taste is horrible to me. To each their own though !

Use rubbing alcohol. 70% store brand is fine. You will also need salt. Any salt works. Some use rock salt, epsom salt, any gritty type substance.

Put the bowl in a large ziplock. Add rubbing alcohol and salt. Enough salt to cover the bowl, and enough alcohol to make it a nice slush. You have essentially made your own "420 cleaner" for a fraction of the price. Also, much less suspicious, if this is a concern. Who doesn't have salt and rubbing alcohol ?

Now mix. Remember old shake and bake commercials ? Ya, go hog wild. Shake shake shake.

Keep shaking.

You'll start to see your glass piece get clean. Move it around in the bag, shake more !

After you remove it, run it through some hot water to get any salt, alcohol, resin off. Let it dry.

Bam, there you go. Like new !

You can scrape the resin before doing this, and save it to smoke. But if you have plenty of herb, I wouldn't worry. People tend to use/keep resin for "dry times".

Hope that helps. I am a clean freak with my glass, and I have a lot of glass, so if you need more specific tricks, just ask and I will try and help ! Happy (CLEAN) smoking !!

reminds me of a song called Resin:

for a glass bowl put a lil salt it the bowl and let it run down in side the pipe and then pour a lil rubbing alcohol i use 90% alcohol but anything better then 50% works, the higher the % the better it works. after you have the salt and alcohol in it cover all the holes with your hands and shake for 30 secs to 1 min pour out and rinse it until you cant smell the alcohol and there's no salt left. in it you might have to do this one more time if it was really dirty i have only ever had to do it 2 times and after your bowl will look like it did the day you got it.

this can also be used to clean bongs and for the bong bowls let them sit in alcohol for 30mins to an hour pour what ever is in it out put more alcohol in it and shake it with both ends covered, do this a few times then rinse. make sure you rinse everything very very good before smoking out of it becuz no one wants to smoke salt. and i have a small bowl and it gets very dirty very fast so i clean it after i smoke about 10 bowls out of it by then its all black and you cant see thro it at all anymore. hope this helps :bongrip:

I would prefer using the mentioned mix of alcohol and salt but in the most desolate situations, steaming water and dish soap will work. Run the hot water through you piece and add soap to each hole. let it foam up and then run more water through and it will remove most of the resin. With this method tho, you wont get everything from the inside out, normally just the bowl since thats where you can scrub off the resin.

Seriously No Joke I just stumbled upon this. Baby fuckin Wipes Yes baby wipes cleans resin off bowls and pipes and your hands like fucking magic I swear. Try it and then REP my ass.

Back
Top Bottom