Box grow help

JohnnyApple

Growing weed in a cardboard box 3x3, I need to know what matters the most lumens or wats some people told me 400 wats is to much and I'm pissed and confused now. I got 4 100 what cfl bulbs 11k Lumans per bulb so 44k Lumans that good enough?

you have plenty of light for a few plants paint the inside of your box with white paint so its reflective and make sure you have an inlet and exhaust fan get a temperature and humidity gauge its very important so keep a check on it . 1 more thing you will need 6500k spectrum bulbs for veg and 2700k bulbs for flowering. keep it to 4 to 6 plants and you should do well .
good luck

you have plenty of light for a few plants paint the inside of your box with white paint so its reflective and make sure you have an inlet and exhaust fan get a temperature and humidity gauge its very important so keep a check on it . 1 more thing you will need 6500k spectrum bulbs for veg and 2700k bulbs for flowering. keep it to 4 to 6 plants and you should do well .
good luck

23 Watt - T2 CFL - 100 W Equal - 6500K Full Spectrum Daylight - 80 CRI - 70 Lumens per Watt - 15 Month Warranty - Energy Miser FE-IISB-23W-65K | 1000Bulbs.com

those bulbs are only 23w and 70 lumen per watt is maximum at the very closest to the bulb, the further away from the bulb the lower the lumen. iv grown 2 mothers under 4 t5 24w bulbs and they grew like mad so i don't see why you couldn't veg 2 to 4 plants under these but definitely get red spectrum bulbs to flower under and as high a wattage as possible

those bulbs are only 23w and 70 lumen per watt is maximum at the very closest to the bulb, the further away from the bulb the lower the lumen. iv grown 2 mothers under 4 t5 24w bulbs and they grew like mad so i don't see why you couldn't veg 2 to 4 plants under these but definitely get red spectrum bulbs to flower under and as high a wattage as possible

Oo ok ok they sprouted and I have them outside in the day in the light at night but I need to know what kind of bulb what is this red youre talking about? And red is only for the budding stage right?

im not very good at explaining things but ill have a go lol the plant uses 6500k light spectrum for growth in the veg period and the 2700k red spectrum the plant uses for budding. you could use the ones you have all the way through but these are the best spectrum's of light to use for each stage or so i am to believe from my endless internet research . my local supermarket stocks both types of bulbs so you shouldn't have trouble finding them, it will say on the box what spectrum they are . how many plants are you growing ??

im not very good at explaining things but ill have a go lol the plant uses 6500k light spectrum for growth in the veg period and the 2700k red spectrum the plant uses for budding. you could use the ones you have all the way through but these are the best spectrum's of light to use for each stage or so i am to believe from my endless internet research . my local supermarket stocks both types of bulbs so you shouldn't have trouble finding them, it will say on the box what spectrum they are . how many plants are you growing ??

I have 4 now little things.

Those bulbs will be okay for vegging but you will want the 2700k for flowering. The bulbs you have are 23w actual, 100w equivalent. You are getting less than 2000 lumens per bulb. Go to home depot and get some actual 150w, I think they are 300w equivalents. I would get 3 to 4 of them for flowering, they are only like $10 a piece. The 2700k 150w is like 3 to 4 times the size of the bulbs your using now.

4 should be fine vegging under the bulbs you have. get the bulbs pretty close but not too close for the 1st week or so let then grow a few leaves and them move them closer try about 3 inches away from the top of the plant and move a little closer every day but keep checking to make sure it doesnt burn the leaves . my t5 light doesnt burn until the leaves grow up and touch it but i think cfl get a little hotter . dont over water them and dont give them any nutrients for a couple of weeks or they might die . do you have a ph tester for the water you feed with ? ill keep an eye on this ill look forward to seein a picture of them vegged under these small cfls :peace:

4 should be fine vegging under the bulbs you have. get the bulbs pretty close but not too close for the 1st week or so let then grow a few leaves and them move them closer try about 3 inches away from the top of the plant and move a little closer every day but keep checking to make sure it doesnt burn the leaves . my t5 light doesnt burn until the leaves grow up and touch it but i think cfl get a little hotter . dont over water them and dont give them any nutrients for a couple of weeks or they might die . do you have a ph tester for the water you feed with ? ill keep an eye on this ill look forward to seein a picture of them vegged under these small cfls :peace:

Yes I do have a ph tester I got a question how do I post pictures here off of my phone?

no idea mate . iv just had a go on my iphone the option was there to upload but it just didnt do anything when i pressed it . if you go to your profile and into gallery at the top it says home, search and add photo's . hope that helps . ill have a quick look about on the forum to see if theres anything that says how to do it

no idea mate . iv just had a go on my iphone the option was there to upload but it just didnt do anything when i pressed it . if you go to your profile and into gallery at the top it says home, search and add photo's . hope that helps . ill have a quick look about on the forum to see if theres anything that says how to do it

Wow almost everyone on hereis so friendly

Back
Top Bottom