Box size and light

TinkerFarms

Ok so i just built this grow box its approximately 3x2x1 1/2 feet. I have one bulb with 2200 lumans, one with 900 lumans, and one with 2000. Is that enough fot 1 plant? Any suggestions?

That will be enough to veg it to a foot high or so but you won't get much bud with that little bit of light. Keep the lights real close to the plant like 2" and put something behind the light to reflect it toward the plant.

L8r

I heard that if I had a painted white board as the top that that would be enough reflection for it. True?

Not really. By the time the relatively weak light from CFLs goes all the way to the board then back to the plant it isn't helping much. You need something that is as close to the back of the bulb as possible so the light travels the shortest distance possible to the plant.

I've seen a couple of cool little DIY reflectors made out of beer or pop cans cut so they fit right on the bulb and aim the light with little flaps from the cut open portions. Just split the can lengthwise and spread it open a bit. I just put tin foil right on the backs. As it's made out of the same thing as beer can it should work as good or better as the inside of a can has a plastic coating that has to block some of the light.

And no, you will not get hot spots from a CFL with tin foil on it. Just not enough energy there.

L8r

Ok so take a can cut a whole on bottom to fit lights then cut the sides to bend up to make flap. Is that right?

I tried to find a pic that someone recently put up to show me in one of the many threads I'm subbed too but can't find it.

It's easy enough to rig something up and I still prefer tin foil but I'll try to explain it tho a pic would be so much easier.

Actually, go to the Grow Lighting Forum and Post a new thread asking for pics of beer can reflectors for CFL bulbs. A title like "Can anyone share pics of Beer Can Reflectors for CFL lights please?" should get you a fairly fast reply and good examples.

Good luck!

L8r

Back
Top Bottom