Boycott Wired Magazine

rugdoc

The comments in this Blog Thumbs Up for Obama's 'Open for Questions' | Epicenter from Wired.com are ridiculous and perpetuate the idea that Marijuana reform is not a legitimate issue. His fallow up post is here Drug Legalization Advocates Get Pissed at Epicenter | Epicenter from Wired.com and are just as bad. Please do not buy their Magazines or support the Businesses who advertise with wired, IBM seems to be a big one.

I even received a email form Nick Thompson and he was not apologetic in any way.

i just finished reading 'Drug Legalization Advocates Get Pissed at Epicenter ' and then saw your post. i didn't like it either but . . . most of the responses were great. i like wired and have posted many articles from them. i'm sure i will in the future. speaking for me personaly (not 420 mag) i can't boycott wired over this. if i boycotted every news source thats had an negative mj article then we would not have a 420 news dept. my suggestion would be to let wired know how you feel.

you can read the NORML response here onsite:
Wired Magazine: Asking Obama to Legalize Pot is “The Idiocy of Trolls”

Humm, I never responded in the comments section. I understand you view and respect it, as should Mr. Thompson respect the views of the American people. If we do not stand together and make a concerted effort to address this issue we will be continually relegated to the back burner. I enjoyed Wired, my family enjoyed Wired, but we now understand that Wired has no respect for the issues that is most important to American freedom. As I said I will be boycotting Wired and encourage others to fallow suit and email wired to inform them of OUR decision to stop our support of their product and sponsors.

I understand your viewpoint but...

if i boycotted every news source thats had an negative mj article then we would not have a 420 news dept. my suggestion would be to let wired know how you feel.

I respect everyone who has an opinion whether it is in agreement with mine or not if they base it on knowledge and are willing to be educated about the issues in question.

So how about boycotting every source - and product/service/etc. - who's members, editorial staff, spokespersons, et al either play into the propaganda game or who remain willingly ignorant by refusing to educate themselves about the Truth of an issue (and I'm not just talking about the MJ/MMJ issue but all current and relevant isues in the world today).

For if an entity refuses to educate itself and instead contributes to misinformation in any way, shape or form, they cease being a valid source for news on the issues and instead become a news issue themselves.

Failing to boycott such entities... It's like knowing that WalMart is the biggest weapon that (the government of) The "People's" Republic of China has in its arsenal against this country, knowing that it is a major contributor to the economic problems, knowing that it encourages its workers to use the state as their source of healthcare and other benefits (aka "welfare & medicaid")... And deciding to shop there anyway because of the convenience and/or because you can buy an extra bag of cheese-puffs or whatever.

The above, like all of my posts, is strictly my opinion - but I have tried to educate myself to the best of my ability in forming it.

I was going to include that in my original post, but for some reason I deleted it. That was the turning point for me, when I realized that he is a big guy for Wired

Back
Top Bottom