Breeding, Interbreeding, and Pollen collecting

mistakeith1

I'm "remodeling" my closet from my last grow.

This go round I'll have a small vegging chamber on bottom and then a larger flowering area on top with a 150w hps light.:yummy:

I've been looking for threads on breeding...haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

Will 2 chambers be sufficient to dabble and play with breeding?

:thedoubletake:I need to get a little more informed on this subject as I want to try it this next time...since this is just a hobby and personal project.:bong:

Any info would be appreciated.:Rasta:

Breeding, do you mean making seeds or taking cuttings for clones? To make little brown beenies or seeds, you'll have to grow a male from your current stock of plants, to collect the pollen. I collect pollen from selected males grown away from the flower arena, collecting it as it " produces pollen" by shaking it off into a tupperware container and openly in a dry area let it dry completey before sealing the lid on. I then use a model car paint brush to manipulate the pollen onto selected parts of the female in the 2-3 week of flowering. Resulting in seeds produced when the plant is mature. I do not store the male pollen in the freezer or fridge. Dark, safe, and dry areas only.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm interested in making seeds...crossbreeding some of the random bagseed babies. Like I said I just am interested for hobby reasons only.

I kinda planned on putting the male(s) back down in the vegging chamber once they show their sex. At that point the vegger will be empty.
After he gives me pollen then oust him. and put flowering clones inside the vegging chamber (after thoroughly cleaned). I hope I'm clear on the this "idea"

This is just what I had in mind.

Is this a bad Idea? or will this type of process work. I'm limited to this one closet area and want to do the most I can with it.

This go round I'll have a small vegging chamber on bottom and then a larger flowering area on top

I'd flower on the bottom, depending on air flow.
Boys down stream from the girls.

Should work okay for producing seeds of the same strains,
breeding may get a little mixed up in a confined space.
But you could bag the Boyz,
put them back in the veg area
(the existing nuts will blow and no more will grow)
and collect the pollen to help limit exposure.

With the way my closet is setup I can flower on either top or bottom. I just was going to pick either or. I have a preexisting vent pipe from and old furnace that runs the length (top to bottom) of my closet. I'll just be tapping into it and forcing the air up and out.

Now that you said....It makes alot more sense for me to flower on bottom off the floor. That would be much easier to have a shelf that supports clones instead of big mamas

Thanks damago for the info!:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom