Browning of the leaves

Sonzor

Does anyone have any idea what causes this. I know its not a mj leaf its a avocado leaf. I have the same thing on my MJ leaves. I took this picture because the leaves are so much bigger and much easier to see. I did spray the leaves with organocide to kill the bugs and this is what happened to the leaves about a week later. The bugs are gone but have some damage from something. Is this from the spray, or something else, any help would be greatly appreciated.

brown_leaf.jpg

hmmm. well with my indoor stuff if i spray them under the lights they will burn where i get beads of water. im not sure if its due to light magnification or the stuff in the spray drying on the leafs in concentrated amounts.

i cant say for sure about your organicide but that is what i have observed with foliar sprays

try spraying them in the evening or morning, if that doesnt work try diluting the spray you are using unless it will effect its ability to kill bugs

hmmm. well with my indoor stuff if i spray them under the lights they will burn where i get beads of water. im not sure if its due to light magnification or the stuff in the spray drying on the leafs in concentrated amounts.

i cant say for sure about your organicide but that is what i have observed with foliar sprays

try spraying them in the evening or morning, if that doesnt work try diluting the spray you are using unless it will effect its ability to kill bugs

I am pretty sure its not burn from light or sun, The leaf that is in the picture does get a little sun but not enough to burn like that and it was about a week after that these spots started to turn up and they seem to spread and from leaf to leaf.

I appreciate you help and thanks for taking the time..

hmmm. you do have me a bit perplexed... the intensity of death and browning is extreme. it doesnt seem bug related and doesnt match the shape of a bead of water or drip pattern.

unless its effecting more than a few leafs id let it go.

if it is a problem, what is your geographic location?
could it be a local plant virus/fungus in your area?
did you spill brown food coloring on the leaf???

ok that last one is a reach but i hope you figure it out

hmmm. you do have me a bit perplexed... the intensity of death and browning is extreme. it doesnt seem bug related and doesnt match the shape of a bead of water or drip pattern.

unless its effecting more than a few leafs id let it go.

if it is a problem, what is your geographic location?
could it be a local plant virus/fungus in your area?
did you spill brown food coloring on the leaf???

ok that last one is a reach but i hope you figure it out

Since it has spread to more than one plant and seems to move from leaf to leaf I would suspect it may be a virus or fungus of some kind. The stuff I spayed on them also treats funguses so I am leaning to the spay being the problem, I am just not sure. Shoot I don't know I am a little lost. I would think the spray being organic would have been safe and maybe it is. I am going to keep a close eye on it and hopefully it clears itself up. If it does not in the next few days I will start chopping of infected leaves and see if that helps. Thanks for the input, give me more to think about.

looks like a phosporus deff.

Thanks for the observation, I think that if that was the case why would I have it in all plants, MJ and the Avocado that are in different soils and get fed different things. The only common is the spray. I do appreciate the observation and will look into that for sure. + rep

Back
Top Bottom