Brown stripes on my leaves

Retrokev

Hi guys just transplanted some plants into bigger pots and now have brown dry stripes on my leaves, I did have some transplant shock and wilting so I have sprayed the leave quite a bit, don't know if it's related at all?

Done some research and says could be nutrient deficiencies but doesn't specify what nutrients, any ideas?
IMG_20220501_105732.jpg
IMG_20220501_105738.jpg

a lot of us cut or score the roots at transplant time…. normally they should send out more tiny root hairs to repair damage or to find water.

I’ve seen damage from thrips that looked similar….however thrips have a tendency for the spots to be silver not rust colored. Thrips are wearing camo and hang out on leaf undersides plus on the main stem

might help to give us more details on your grow media, nutes, how often do you water or feed

I've had thrips before but it didn't look like this,

At the moment I'm giving them BAC Coco a+b and I water them every morning I've been giving them 30ml per 10l for past 3-4 days since transplanting because they were wilting loads, I just gave them a calmag solution today to see if that helps

They were in the smaller pots way too long roots were way out and transplanting them I think broke roots bad
Normally, if going from a smaller container into a larger one, I will not root prune. I just put the small root mass into the pot and add the amount of soil to bring the amount up to what properly fills the new container.

On occasion if the new container is only slightly larger than the previous one then I will break up the root mass and do minimal removing of roots. This is so that there is the opportunity to add a lot of fresh soil.

To keep mother plants in small pots. Any time they get rootbound you prune above and below and start again.
Yes. Sometimes, when transplanting mother plants the root mass will receive a major pruning though not as elegant as using a large knife or pruning saw. I just rip the excess roots off and stick the remaining root mass back into the same container and add soil.

But you trim equal leaf aswel as roots or no?
Yes, try to match the same ratio. If 1/4 of the roots are removed then try to trim off 1/4 of the leaves and stems. In my opinion it is best to not just trim off leaves, remove any excess stems.

I think this is what it looks like before it dies
IMG_20220502_003948.jpg
Getting back to your question it is best to turn off the grow lights that are causing the yellow color. Turn on a normal white light and then take a photo. Take 2 of them. One looking down just like this one and then one from the side. Doing that will give the group more and better clues to what the problem can be. The first photo shows an advanced problem and it is harder to relate the problem to the plant after the leaves have been removed.

Getting back to your question it is best to turn off the grow lights that are causing the yellow color. Turn on a normal white light and then take a photo. Take 2 of them. One looking down just like this one and then one from the side. Doing that will give the group more and better clues to what the problem can be. The first photo shows an advanced problem and it is harder to relate the problem to the plant after the leaves have been removed.
I'll go now but I don't really have normal lights in there, I'll take a few plants outside quickly, but for now here are some more photos of some leaves I pulled before
IMG_20220503_144404.jpg
IMG_20220503_144445.jpg
IMG_20220503_144345.jpg

IMG_20220503_193440.jpg
IMG_20220503_193431.jpg

As @013 mentioned, a bit more about your grow might help: age, nutes, soil type, watering frequency, size of pot it was in and for how long...

Did you spray the leaves with plain water or something else? Did you spray at lights out?
But you trim equal leaf aswel as roots or no?
Yes. Until the roots grow back it can support less topside growth.
Yes. Sometimes, when transplanting mother plants the root mass will receive a major pruning though not as elegant as using a large knife or pruning saw. I just rip the excess roots off and stick the remaining root mass back into the same container and add soil.
I never transplant mothers! They spend their lives in 1 gallon pots. :)

As @013 mentioned, a bit more about your grow might help: age, nutes, soil type, watering frequency, size of pot it was in and for how long...
They're about 7-8 weeks since seed they were in half gallon pots before for about 5weeks maybe and I transplanted them too 3 gallon pots

I grow in BioBizz Light mix, watering every morning, and I'm using BAC grow A+B, before today they were getting 30ml per 10 litres of water
Did you spray the leaves with plain water or something else? Did you spray at lights out?

Yes. Until the roots grow back it can support less topside growth.

I never transplant mothers! They spend their lives in 1 gallon pots. :)
I sprayed the leaves with just water but no they were on 24hour light when I sprayed them, while they're in the tent I keep them on 24hours under LEDs and first two days under the sodiums I left them on 24 too. Now they're on 18

there it is….. watering every morning….

overwatering by not waiting long enough for soil to dry out all the way to bottom between watering sessions. When the first inch or 2 of soil is dry on top - the bottom is still wet. Roots can’t breathe in continuously damp soil. A plant that size should be able to go 5 to 7 days or longer with no water added.

take a bamboo kitchen skewer and push in into the soil…. go from outside edge and aim at the bottom center of your container as you press it into the soil. The bbq skewer needs to hit the bottom of your container to be effective.

Let the skewer sit in the soil for an hour then pull it out to read the dipstick…. for most soil types you need to push the wet dry cycle really hard…. (The exception would be living organic soil) In this case your chick is getting the wet / soaked cycle…. not watering is just as important as watering.

Back
Top Bottom