Brown stripes on my leaves

Could be light burn from the HPS, could be water burn from the lights and the water. That's a 3 gallon square pot? Looks more like a 1 gallon in the pic.
Yeh I thought the same but it's not the top leaves or new shoots, maybe the water though.
Yeh it's 11litres 2.9 gallons
Is that soil? What are you feeding them?
And... BioBizz Light-Mix is an organic soil mix consist of Peat moss, Sphagnum peat and Perlite

Feeding them BAC Coco a+b

there it is….. watering every morning….

overwatering by not waiting long enough for soil to dry out all the way to bottom between watering sessions. When the first inch or 2 of soil is dry on top - the bottom is still wet. Roots can’t breathe in continuously damp soil.

A plant that size should be able to go 5 to 7 days or longer with no water added.

take a bamboo kitchen skewer and push in into the soil…. go from outside edge and aim at the bottom center of your container as you press it into the soil.

Let the skewer sit in the soil for an hour then pull it out to read the dipstick…. for mos5 soil types you need to push the wet dry cycle…. your chick is getting the wet / soaked cycle.
Shit man thanks I'll make sure I'm doing that now

Shit man thanks I'll make sure I'm doing that now

there it is….. watering every morning….

overwatering by not waiting long enough for soil to dry out all the way to bottom between watering sessions. When the first inch or 2 of soil is dry on top - the bottom is still wet. Roots can’t breathe in continuously damp soil. A plant that size should be able to go 5 to 7 days or longer with no water added.

take a bamboo kitchen skewer and push in into the soil…. go from outside edge and aim at the bottom center of your container as you press it into the soil. The bbq skewer needs to hit the bottom of your container to be effective.

Let the skewer sit in the soil for an hour then pull it out to read the dipstick…. for most soil types you need to push the wet dry cycle really hard…. (The exception would be living organic soil) In this case your chick is getting the wet / soaked cycle…. not watering is just as important as watering.
Reckon I should heat the room now to dry them if they're too wet or just leave em? It's set to about 23°c at the moment?

I also have this plant? From what I am reading it sounded like calcium deficiency? One other that's the same, new sprouts coming in yellow

IMG_20220503_235442.jpg

Ca def would be rust spots. This is a good image to keep on hand for deficiencies:
Ive been pHing my water for past week with phosphoric acid man, that's what's up by the looks of that graph,, I have seen a couple plants with thin sprouts too.... I used it for the end of my last grow while flowering and when I moved these upstairs I stopped using nitric acid and used the phosphoric

BioBizz says it balances the pH for you.

"Biobizz products only contain natural organic elements rather than mineral salts such as magnesium or sulfates that you might find in synthetic fertilizers. This gives Light·Mix a medium Electrical Conductivity (EC) value. And while its organic elements are impossible to measure, they do have a self-regulating system, which helps maintain the pH values at the correct level."

BioBizz says it balances the pH for you.

"Biobizz products only contain natural organic elements rather than mineral salts such as magnesium or sulfates that you might find in synthetic fertilizers. This gives Light·Mix a medium Electrical Conductivity (EC) value. And while its organic elements are impossible to measure, they do have a self-regulating system, which helps maintain the pH values at the correct level."
My water is pH 9.5 or something so I don't wanna risk that

I did used to pH using apple cider vinegar but for some reason it was being inconsistent after a while so I got the acid to regulate, I used the nitric during growth and phosphorus during flower

The plant has a few issues but it is still healthy enough that you can save it and end up with a nice healthy plant.

Have you used the "BioBizz Light-Mix" before. My impression is that it is a peat moss based mix meant to be substitute for soil without being an actual soil and it has minimal levels of nutrients in it. Looking at their web site for Light-Mix it seems that they intend it to be a seed starting mix and not for growing the plant the rest of the way unless it gets recommended doses of the growers preferred fertilizers including on the recommended schedule.

My impression on seeing the latest photos is that there are several deficiencies showing up. The first photo shows what looks like a NItrogen deficiency based on the shade of yellow and the way it is taking over the leaf. The other photos look like a start of a problem that can be solved with a Cal-Mag fertilizer. And, there looks like the plant needs some Potassium which helps with the overall growth and health of the plant.

That's a 3 gallon square pot? Looks more like a 1 gallon in the pic.
I saw what looked like some of my plants when I was figuring out how to grow clones all the way through flower in 1 or 1.5 gallon pots. But the pot in the photo looks a tad bit larger so I figure that the plant definitely needs some fertilizer or a change in the schedule and amounts.

Also the possibility that it is getting root bound in that container even though it was a recent transplant.

The plant has a few issues but it is still healthy enough that you can save it and end up with a nice healthy plant.

Have you used the "BioBizz Light-Mix" before. My impression is that it is a peat moss based mix meant to be substitute for soil without being an actual soil and it has minimal levels of nutrients in it. Looking at their web site for Light-Mix it seems that they intend it to be a seed starting mix and not for growing the plant the rest of the way unless it gets recommended doses of the growers preferred fertilizers including on the recommended schedule.

My impression on seeing the latest photos is that there are several deficiencies showing up. The first photo shows what looks like a NItrogen deficiency based on the shade of yellow and the way it is taking over the leaf. The other photos look like a start of a problem that can be solved with a Cal-Mag fertilizer. And, there looks like the plant needs some Potassium which helps with the overall growth and health of the plant.

I saw what looked like some of my plants when I was figuring out how to grow clones all the way through flower in 1 or 1.5 gallon pots. But the pot in the photo looks a tad bit larger so I figure that the plant definitely needs some fertilizer or a change in the schedule and amounts.

Also the possibility that it is getting root bound in that container even though it was a recent transplant.
Sorry my internet has been down for couple days.

But yeh I have used biobizz light mix before it's what my friends used for years and the purpose is that, no base nutrients

I have changed to pHing my water with nitric acid because I thought the same and I gave them one CalMag water and also been letting them to dry more, lights are off now but I'll post updates in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom