Bud rot 3 days before harvest

Manic Mike

Looks like I have a problem. Found 1 giant bud (of Many) that looked dead. Here is my setup and a few pictures.
12 Fire Alien (I figured out this was a Sativa) and 3 LA Confidential Indica
6'W x 7L'x7'H sealed room
6" vortex inline fan cooling 2 600w lights, light diffusers installed under bulbs
2 X 600W Solar Max MH/HPS in Hydro Farm Sealed Large hoods
Twin Galaxy 600w/400w ballasts (cooled by a/c discharge)
Hydro Farm dehumidifier w/ drain line to outside (kept 30-70%, lowest during flowering)
4" inline Fan / carbon canister filter to control odor
Air conditioning, temp and humidity monitoring (temp 70f t0 85f)
Hanna GroCheck Ph/ TDS monitor
Botanicare tray and 70 gal reservoir
4" Grodan rock wool on 3" of hydrotron
Top feed drip caps in an ebb and flow tray, 2- ¼ " lines each in case of a clog
I water 3 times a day and use Gen Hydro expert series recirculating nutes
Start nutes off at 45% and move up to 100% (300ppm-1200ppm)
I use additives, Flora blend, kool bloom liquid and dry, diamond nectar, floralicious and a little silica
Found this today, then the location in the grow right at 12:00 under the black SCROG support, and again its location in the grow 1:00 at the wall.
P1030042.JPG
P10300341.JPG
P1030028.JPG

I just started flushing 2 days ago in preparation for harvesting the LA Confidential. I did not know the Fire Alien was a sativa. But a Great Grow All is Perfect, except the La confidential needs to be harvested and the Sativa needs a little longer. I found this today
P1030049.JPG
P10300481.JPG
P10300471.JPG

What looks like webbing is more hair like under a 60x micro scope and I saw no movement or indications of the dread spider mite. Can I do anything for this besides cutting it out and cutting my watering back to once a day to combat humidity. I have a hydro farm dehumidifier and a/c working full time right now ( yeah it is sunny in my state). Here's picts of the La conf, and Fire alien. Any advise is appreciated! Mike
P10300392.JPG
P10300441.JPG
P1030024.JPG

Re: bud rot 3 days before harvest....

When had a problem with PM, I removed a bunch of fan leaves and the humidity went down a lot.

This is sad to see, I hope you get it worked out. Good looking crop otherwise!

To stop botrytis increase fan circulation overall, introduce more fresh air and pull the humidity down as much as possible.
Id guess your room gets past 60% rh often?
Perhaps next round some computer fans between the plants themselves as well...
Increase that air flow.
Harsh losing that way, cutting out the rot is your only means of salvage now.
The bud wash post may serve you well too.
Otherwise your grow is sexy :)

I may yet pull it off. Probably caught it in less than 24 hrs. I cut out everything in question and trimmed out about 2/3 of the vegetation in the entire grow, that was not directly flower related. I have been watching it carefully. I yanked the Indica out today and I am trying for another 10 days on the Sativa (where the problem was). I do see a spike in humidity at 70% but it is usually 60% or less when lights are on. I do have a dehumidifier running full blast and the a/c on. I like the computer fan idea and will incorporate in my next grow; Thank You. I am also cutting the number of plants in half and checking out the defoliation method in my next grow. The sight of a rotted flower is disheartening!

Back
Top Bottom