Bud rot

Old OZ

Hi guys,
Have found some small outbreaks of bud rot:( on my girl was planning on harvesting in about 3 week, I have cut the affected areas out and have fine weather for the next week (outdoor grow). So my question is would it be better to harvest now or wait and monitor?

7F637956-7D45-4CFB-BA17-599B8DBFB110.jpeg

1AC81B8F-AA15-4515-86DA-7F2CA91A9969.jpeg

662B160A-BF1C-45AD-AD8D-98B22C5A8645.jpeg

That’s a tough one, I personally hate to pull early, but sometimes you’re forced to. About the best thing you can do is watch them like a hawk, excise the rot when you find it, but if it’s starts spreading fast, you’ve really got no choice. Glad you have good weather coming, that should help. Best of luck.

3 weeks on the way early side, pistils in your pics saying yeah at least 3 weeks to me. But yeah if rain sets in for too long you don't always have a choice either, varies on Strains how much prone they are to bud rot or to PM.

That’s a tough one, I personally hate to pull early, but sometimes you’re forced to. About the best thing you can do is watch them like a hawk, excise the rot when you find it, but if it’s starts spreading fast, you’ve really got no choice. Glad you have good weather coming, that should help. Best of luck.
Thanks mate 5 months and 7 foot later only needed another 3 or 4 weeks :confused:

3 weeks on the way early side, pistils in your pics saying yeah at least 3 weeks to me. But yeah if rain sets in for too long you don't always have a choice either, varies on Strains how much prone they are to bud rot or to PM.
Strain is Diesel and yeah not ready yet definitely not what I had planned on.

Strain is Diesel and yeah not ready yet definitely not what I had planned on.
Never is ;) one of the drawbacks to free lights outside :rofl: I'm back to mainly indoor as fought with it for a couple years and way my luck goes get a not normal monsoon that lasts a week where i am when 2 weeks out. Indicas or least in my experience seems to have more problems due to the bud structure difference......Can try to cover them, keeps some of the rain off but then get less airflow which can bite you too. Hopefully weather holds out and you caught it fast enough.

oh and not sure if you know but make sure to clean your scissors/clippers with alcohol after trimming off the bad stuff, as you can spread it to other parts of the plant that way (or to other plants).

5-6 weeks to go. Monitor and remove rot as you go. It’s a no brainer. Harvest now for short duration high and lawn mower clippings smell and taste
Pretty much covers it.

Spray now with any sort of "organic" fungus & mold control. There are some on the market that claim safe up to within a day or three of harvest. Spray all over the buds and even deep into the large ones. Don't forget the smaller ones either since those are the easiest to save.

Spray on sunny days when the stuff will dry off before dark. That way the protection will be there to prevent spread by the time the morning dew forms. Spray every week or so. After harvesting and before the drying stage do the bud washing steps.

If by chance you believe in the old wife's tale that the droplets in the sun will cause burn spots what do you have to loose. Just about anything you do has a chance of saving some or all of the harvest. Doing nothing has a very good chance of nothing being worth harvesting.

A lot of people walk away from a situation like this. I see it as a chance to experiment; a chance to see what might work better than doing nothing the next time the problem starts to show.

Mold ah...

Ye that old chest nut, well climate change is not helping matters a great deal either with messing around with the seasonal normal or what we use to think was normal for out door growing... tis a challenge !

How ever I've never seen bud root happen on a pistil before :cough: Ye...

Back
Top Bottom