Is this bud rot?

Gshoo

Hi Guys, is this the beginning of but rot? You can see the browning of the bud on the top and the sugar leaves. Can’t get better photos, sorry.
The plant is AK-47 auto, 9 weeks old, outdoor. What would be your advise, to cut or to leave it and see how it goes? I wish I could leave it 1-2 weeks more.
Thanks

BF0DBE86-8A2F-4579-B4E1-3850F4178F86.jpeg
95091480-81E9-4857-AD1F-F8625493FDCF.jpeg
A9010423-C499-43DE-BE44-6BCC3E5AE0DC.jpeg

I don’t think so but I could be wrong. Budrot sometimes starts on the outside but more commonly it starts in the center of the buds where it goes unnoticed till too late. Trying spreading the bud open a little and examining inside. Budrot rots the bud and turns it soft and wet.
It likes conditions of little or no air movement and high humidity. The outside tips of the bud are going to be the least likely spots for it to start unless your spot is very humid and has no air movement.
Shit happens though. Are those dead leaf tips slimy?

I don’t think so but I could be wrong. Budrot sometimes starts on the outside but more commonly it starts in the center of the buds where it goes unnoticed till too late. Trying spreading the bud open a little and examining inside. Budrot rots the bud and turns it soft and wet.
It likes conditions of little or no air movement and high humidity. The outside tips of the bud are going to be the least likely spots for it to start unless your spot is very humid and has no air movement.
Shit happens though. Are those dead leaf tips slimy?

Nope they are not slimy, just dry. The plant lives on a top terrace, it’s sunny and windy most of the time, during the night is more humid. Is ti possible to be a drought sign. I try not water too often usually 1-2 per week, depends on how hot the days are and if the soul gets dry quickly. But I guess whatever that is, I can’t do much in such a late bloom.

Not budrot then. I’m not sure what the cause is- I haven’t had an issue that looked quite like that- that I’ve noticed anyway. I’d only be concerned if it starts to spread a lot. Small amounts of damage are normal and won’t affect the bud.

Is ti possible to be a drought sign. I try not water too often usually 1-2 per week, depends on how hot the days are and if the soul gets dry quickly.
I think you are right...just a little sun/wind burn and the buds will be fine...when you harvest you'll likely snip off the ends of all your sugar leaves anyway...budrot is a whole other creature

I’ll be watching then if it’s spreading. I’m going to flush tonight and see if I’ll be able to keep it safe for the next two weeks.
Thanks guys!

. Bud rot isn’t the same as mildew. And not in any practical sense no. The neem might kill the mould on contact- so does a little dish soap and water. But you're most likely going to be spraying it on a mature flower. One with budrot. So that bud won’t be smokeable anyway, you’re adding more moisture, and the spores in the air will continue to grow more mould on other buds as conditions allow. Without treating the underlying conditions it’s a losing battle. Like turning up your stove way too hot then having to piss on dinner repeatedly to put out constant fires. I’ve heard that a sulphur burn may help a little. But again that’s not something you really want on your buds. when what you really have to do is get the RH down and air flow up. Anyway sounds like both you and the OP are good as far as those conditions. My outside RH is between 80 and 100 most of the time.

This is what bud for looks like, every case I have had where it found bud for is it's really cold to the touch (through latex gloves) and becomes very snotty.

Sometimes you can see it starting almost like a small spiders egg nest then it just spreads like and if your HM is high or the fans blow spours from plant to plant.

I get it quite often, not that it's down to my environment but down to bud density, the more dense the bud the more you have chances of getting rot, even if you only have a few odd HM spikes so either way you have a chance of getting it even if your garden is great, but great airflow between buds works really well to combat it :).

Back
Top Bottom