bud rot

UK gardener

Hi I'm after a sum advice as I'm a beginner, I have 9 clones wich are 13wks old, I noticed yesterday that bud rot had hit 1 of my ladies but it was in a big nug on a branch not the kola, I cut the branch off an checked the rest but they were showing no signs, I've dun my usual morning inspection this mornin and was devastated to find lil bits of rot on another 4 ladies, I'm eager to flush them all so I don't loose the lot but the nugs are still showing signs of being immature with white hairs dominating the brown hairs, any advice/help would be appreciated :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Flushing not going to save them i'm afraid.

What you need to look at is RH aka relative humidity ideally kept at 50% or below at all times in flowering & some evidence suggest keeping a base temp of 21c / 70f & yes that means lights off... these conditions help provide an unsuitable environment for bud rot to occur but not 100% fail safe !

You might want to check the conditions you are growing in aka RH and temps when lights are on, best to time check these for lights off are when the lights just come on to get an idea :thumb:

1. Look at suitable methods to control the above.

2. Look around for mold resistant strains.

3. Don't grow really big fat cola's (indicas are more prone than sativa) as bud rot just loves em, this leads to plant training such as topping to cause bud diffusion aka smaller buds (less prone to rot) & if done correctly can effectively increase yield !!!

Bud rot infection normally happens around mid flowering & spawns on the stem of the cola first with actual visual signs occurring in the last few weeks of flowering at best...

First sign to a keen eye will be sugar or small bud leafs turning yellow at a select point & if bud is open up it will show a clear browning like mush leading to a white mold turning grey in due time !

As sod's law predicts this normally happens in the last week before you harvest for most of us...

Then it is a bit like russian roulette with the bud in the slow air dry part of curing & once again RH/temp is critical to prevent further rot at this stage.

Thanks for the info, I avent checked RH or TEMP really as wasn't sure wot equipment to get as is first attempt, I just used the method if to hot for me then it's to hot for them. I. did a 4day flush as plants started to deteriorate an they've been hangin for 3 days, looks like all rot been cut out .......... Fingers crossed it won't return an I can start preparing for the next crop

Back
Top Bottom