Bud Rot

Theyid

420 Member
Help :( one week from flushing and the back two left corner ones have done this. I assumed it's bud rot but can't see any signs on fan leaves. No 'squishy' stalks either, or branches. Anyone confirm my fears so I can go have a lie down!
IMG_9040.jpeg
090DDFD1-BBEB-4DF7-B342-2F6717AD7AB7.jpeg

7D42A015-6C14-4F4D-B879-FB7099556132.jpeg

Unfortunately yes that's bud rot Sam.
Best to turn your fan off to stop it spreading, chop the offending area carefully. The rot spores will release easy, so with as little movement as possible. Clean your utensils and hands after before touching any of the other plants.
Bag up the rot pieces you've removed and dispose.
That's a shame Sam, but looks like you've still got plenty of healthy bud there. Looks nearly finished.

Not necessarily Sam.
It looks like the air circulation in that back corner might be the culprit, but if the humidity is high and air movement is low the rest could be at risk.
Humidity is really high in uk as you know. So unless you can manage it (lot's of fan movement, extraction high whilst keeping temps up) or dehumidifier, then you may be better chopping a week early.
What colour are the trichomes?

Yep, that's what I'd choose also with them being so close to done.
Just keep a good eye out when chopping for other patches.

You've grown a beautiful crop there Sam. Going forward maybe instal a few more clip on fans (or bigger) so you get all plant tops moving in the air, even in the corners.
Good luck bud.
And good luck without Harry kane this season.:thumb:

one week from flushing and the back two left corner ones have done this. I assumed it's bud rot but can't see any signs on fan leaves. No 'squishy' stalks either, or branches. Anyone confirm my fears so I can go have a lie down!
Definitely looks like bud rot. My experience is that it starts inside the bud and works towards the outside. No real signs show up on fan leaves, stems, or stalks.

....I been in and out inspecting those particular two - is that going to have ruined all four? ☹️
Not sure what you mean by "all four" but it is best to inspect each large bud one at a time during harvest.

Take a look at the bud in the front left corner. It looks like it is close to the same brown color as the two in the back left corner.

Back
Top Bottom