Building another RDWC system

medhatgrower

420 Member
Hey Everybody,
I'm at it again with another DIY RDWC build... :)
I've been wanting to build this for a very long time... Finally gonna pull the trigger!!!
Please keep in mind that this build is for my 4' x 4' VEG tent...
RDWC5.png

I plan on building the same but with 13 Gallon EZ STOR Buckets for my 6' x 6' FLOWER room...
Please give me your thoughts...

i assume you've got the measurements double counted and know where you will be making the holes.
Remember gravity and science is your friend. Your draft design looks good.

I like it but one thing I did different is had the chiller chilling the reservoir but that would mean another pump for you my stoned theory is the water coming out of the chiller may be to cold for the root zone because by the time the water gets back to the reservoir its hot
But by chilling the reservoir then pumping to the buckets it should be whatever your chiller is set for
What size pipe and fitting you using

I like it but one thing I did different is had the chiller chilling the reservoir but that would mean another pump for you my stoned theory is the water coming out of the chiller may be to cold for the root zone because by the time the water gets back to the reservoir its hot
But by chilling the reservoir then pumping to the buckets it should be whatever your chiller is set for
What size pipe and fitting you using
All 2" is PVC except a couple 2" Rubber connectors with clamps for easy separation when cleaning between runs...
All 1" is Black Vinyl Tubing but the PVC Fittings are 3/4"
* I've revised my original design a little...
Check below: and give me your thoughts...
RDWC6.png

That looks good I will tell you how you have your feed line works good for balance I had the bright idea to put a t at the first 2 buckets for the feed and didn't balance out right always got better flow at the first 2 then I put restrictions in to help but was easier jut buying another t and be done
IMG_20200308_145805050.jpg

This is one I built last year worked good but I threaded the pipe into the buckets and wasn't to bad until somebody had the idea that it needed moved when it was full and then all the leaks started i switched to square bucket and use shower drains for 2 inch pvc they come with stainless screens and seal alot better next one i do is gonna be elevated and drains on the bottom because I'm sick of sucking thelast half gallon out with a shopvac already

But yeah looks good get the trimmers ready haha

* I've revised my original design a little...

Chillers are expensive, so I've decided to pro-long its life and NOT run nutrients through it...
With a 400 GPH water pump I'll circulate RO H2O through this closed loop system from an insulated 5 Gallon chiller reservoir to 1/4 HP Active Aqua water chiller and then onto 3/8" OD wort coil (stainless steel) in VEG epicenter and returning back to 5 Gallon bucket to complete the closed loop...
I can also expand this closed loop system by adding another wort coil to my FLOWER epicenter using only 1 chiller...
This will bring power efficiency and save me from adding another breaker box and keep the system clean!

Removed the Manifold and put a 3/4" Tee after the 1000 GPH water pump with valves and quick connectors on Sample line so I can easily Drain the system.

Added a 3/4" line from Top-Off Reservoir to Epicenter to make flushing simple and fast.

Added 1/2" PVC with 10-32 tapped holes for each bucket to create a waterfall effect.

Added an Alita al-40 linear air pump to pump clean filtered air to home made 1/2" air diffusers in each bucket.

All 2" is PVC except a couple Fernco 2" Rubber connectors with clamps for separation when cleaning between runs...
All 3/4" is PVC and 1" Black Vinyl Tubing"...

Check below: and give me your thoughts...

RDWC7.png

All you gotta do it run plain water through the chiller once a month to flush it out or get some of the cleaner for it never heard that before about prolonging the life by straight water if somebody actually ruins a chiller by running their nutes through it i definitely don't wanna smoke their shit

Back
Top Bottom