Bushy Plant, DWC, CFL, 12/12 PH level?

LazyToker

Okay, this is my second time trying to post these questions so ill try and keep it short..

I am growing a Trainwreck plant, I've been growing it from seed.. It was in veg for pretty much 2 months on the 10th of this month I believe.. Lights have been running 24/7 and I have a couple questions for starting flowering.. I'll start off by explaining my setup

I used 8 6500k Bright White CFLs for veg.. I have 4 hanging over top and 4 on the sides(2 on each side)
I just today switched out 6 of the Bright Whites for Soft Whites 2700k and left 2 Bring whites
What I use is
-5 Gallon 4 planter DWC bucket with 4 watt pump(Running full speed 24/7) with one plant

The plant is 1 and 1/2 feet tall(18 inches) and since the plant grew really sideways for the first couple weeks it should probably be more like 2 feet tall.. I measured the width of the plant (not from the big leaves that stick way out but from a bushy part to a bushy part) and it is 1 foot 4 inches (16 inches) wide.. I have to tie up a bottom corner of the plant or hold it up depending on what im trying to do because the plant is so bushy I cant get into the water to work with it unless I do so

Also I want to know if it is okay to start 12/12 with no nutrients in the water because I noticed a couple white/brownish spots on some leaves but nothing to concerning so I put just PHd water in the bucket 2 days ago because I red somewhere to run just water threw the plant but I don't know if it's good to have no nutrients in the water when starting 12/12

So my questions are..

-Can I start 12/12 with no nutrients in the water?

-Can I grow 4 plants in these 5 Gal 4 planter buckets? because its only a 1 foot by a 1/2 foot bucket and my one plant is already a lot wider then the length of the bucket so how would 4 plants be able to grow in their? Dwarf plants? What about the roots is it okay to let them twist together? because I believe that's going to happen pretty quick with more than 1 plant

-Can I leave 2 Bright Whites in with the 6 Soft Whites during flowering?

-Can light leak during dark period turn my plant hermie?(There is just a couple small cracks in the door the rest is sealed up good.. But could small cracks be enough to turn my plant part male or hermie whatever the proper term is can it happen?)

-Can I use a fan during the dark cycle?(I am going to leave the fan off for the first few dark periods to avoid stressing the plant but can I run a fan after that?)

- And finally what should my PH level be when starting flowering? (I know some stuff in the nutrients is available at certain PH levels) So far I have tried to keep the PH at 5.8, should I raise or lower it or just stick with 5.8?

And I think that's all I've got to ask.. I will try and get pictures up soon but any info or advice is appreciated as this is my first time growing.. Thanks for reading :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom