Buying seeds & actually getting them? Please help!

Big Sparks

Hey 420 peoples! I'm in southern California and looking for some seeds from a reputable seller/bank but not sure if I'm going to get "busted" by the long arm of the law or what! Never ordered before, and not sure what to expect. Really, I'm just looking for some assurances from others who have been in my shoe's and can maybe give me some advice as a first time seed catalog orderer or whatever you wanna call it! Any and all comments will be considered and much appreciated! Thanks in advance,
Big Sparks

re: Buying seeds & actually getting them? Please help!

When buying seeds from overseas, the worst that will happen is that they get intercepted by customs, and they take them and then send the package on to you with green customs tape on it, and sometimes they send a mass produced letter telling you that you have been naughty, that's pretty much it. Check your PM's, I got some good info for you. :peace:

There are several good seed sellers... mostly in Europe. Bonza and Herbie's are two I can recommend. Check the sponsor list for their websites. They do a terrific job of stealth shipping, packaging the seeds inside other items so customs doesn't nab them.

The big thing to remember is to have any seeds sent to a PO Box or an alternate address. Never have them sent directly to the address where you're growing. Good luck.

When buying seeds from overseas, the worst that will happen is that they get intercepted by customs, and they take them and then send the package on to you with green customs tape on it, and sometimes they send a mass produced letter telling you that you have been naughty, that's pretty much it. Check your PM's, I got some good info for you. :peace:
Thanks Buddro- I guess that makes me feel better...as far as getting my front door kicked in! LOL! But would still suck to lose out financially. Thanks for relpying.

Thanks Buddro- I guess that makes me feel better...as far as getting my front door kicked in! LOL! But would still suck to lose out financially. Thanks for relpying.

Herbies is great if you go the overseas route. They have guaranteed shipping, so if your beans (aka"souvenirs") are taken, they will re-ship and work with you until received, or they refund your order. Herbies is great at customer service.

Was just reading a journal and buddy ordered from Ace Seeds and the got grabbed at the border. He let them know and there reshipping the order. Defiantly worth a look.

I recently placed my first orde. Was in the same position as you at the time - more than a little nervous about the whole thing. But after reading a lot of forums I decided to take the chance and went with Bonza Seeds. Their service was first rate and their Stealth Shipping was outstanding!

Most overseas shippers will contact you to see if you got them and if not they will resend the order. ( happened to me once and got the secound pack, the first one never arrived and heard nothing about it.)

Sorry to chime in with un-constructive comment that won't help you, but anyway :)

I am living in Spain now and I have a hard time to buy ANYTHING here, like if I buy special stuff I mostly buy online from Germany or the UK, computer parts, whatever...

BUT...ironically...there are grow shops and seed stores EVERYWHERE, even in the tiniest town, it's hideous. I can find 10 grow shops with amazing selections of all the common seed brands plus bulk seeds from €1 a pop before I find ONE store which sells a pair of socks, I am NOT kidding you :) (The one store we're buying from now online, the guy actually delivers to us in person in his car like last week). Sometimes I feel like I am living at the a$$ of the world here, but it's a paradise for growers for sure :)

Had good experience with the site sponsor Bonza. Three different orders have all made it with no problems. You do have to be careful any time you open the package because all the seeds come in one container that has partitions and twice I have managed to get them mixed up by not being too careful when opening.

Had good experience with the site sponsor Bonza. Three different orders have all made it with no problems. You do have to be careful any time you open the package because all the seeds come in one container that has partitions and twice I have managed to get them mixed up by not being too careful when opening.

Thanks for the heads-up BrixNewb- that would be kinda screwed to mix-up a batch of seeds, especially some that you've never grown before. It'd be real hard to try and identify some known characteristics of a strain already grown. Ya know? But I've definitely done it before with clones when i was first starting out and not labeling. Lol! I try to keep everything labeled now or in its own area. Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up BrixNewb- that would be kinda screwed to mix-up a batch of seeds, especially some that you've never grown before. It'd be real hard to try and identify some known characteristics of a strain already grown. Ya know? But I've definitely done it before with clones when i was first starting out and not labeling. Lol! I try to keep everything labeled now or in its own area. Thanks
Yeah man, I know because it happened to me. Now I have a pretty large batch of seeds that are maybe this and maybe that. It was do to my own error. Both times it was while I was removing the cardboard circle. Once you get your seeds you could always package them individually to avoid that issue. Just be super careful messing with that cardboard circle. Kind of frustrating but it's hard to pass up Bonza's deals. They have flash sales every now and then. Last one I bought like $60 worth of seeds and got 14 free seeds. That one was hard to pass up. I would subscribe to their newsletter and wait for a flash sale. Their regular sales are decent at times as well, but the flash sales are where it's at. Their prices are a little higher than other places but once you factor in the freebies from one of their good sales it's literally a no-brainer. I have always paid extra to get the guaranteed delivery. A small price to pay for the peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom