Cabinet Grow

hippienicky

I was wondering i have a old useless um clothes dresser thats 4 feet tall 4 feet long and 2 feet wide. I want to gut it and grow in it with cfls is this possible?

already taken in to consideration. man you uderpal you always seem to have some of the best information i read alot of your post just paying respect to a teacher.

i was going to hinge them for maintaince also want to want to put wheels to get access to back whole back of the dresser. quick question never really asked i got a 2 plants in seperate plastic cups what should i transplant to. I actually do the paper towel method for a tiny bit till it has a 1/4inch or tiny bit more then put them into steirofoam or plastic cups then put then in somthing atleast twice as big and then put them in something big as that.

the grow team kicks ass!!! :headbanger:

ok that's all... just wanted to let ya'll know

oh btw, i like the idea of putting wheels on it... i was gonna do that after harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

Use two 2 and 1/5 gallon containers or equivelent. Thanks for the props.
I would go with square containers so less space is wasted.
Since your grow area is less than 4 feet on the inside you won't be able to use tubes so go with those flouro energy bulb savers. 4 to six of the higher watts should be sufficient. You could go with a small hps but height and heat would become issues so just stay away from HIDs. Paint the inside flat white (thats also the cheapest paint and has the best reflectability) or cover with mylar. If for some reason you use aluminum foil use the back side because it diffuses and spreads light more evenly. Also repair any light leaks so its not a problem before the grow show. I hope you get a lot of ideals and take each one into consideration for how you like to grow but just try to be prepared as much as possible before flower time. ( You should germ seeds after all planning was done but at least it got you motivated so get to it and lets see you get some buds.)

I would put one or two 70 watt HPS's in there. But then again...I already have two 70watt HPS set-ups sitting here with nothing to do.lol The more lumens you can get the better but you can't put more light heat than what your ventilation can handle. HID's the best to grow with but compact fluoros will work great too. I use 2 of those 65watt compacts from Lights of America for vegging and cloning. They are a great light to use for that purpose.

where can you get lower wattage hps?

Home Depot actually carries small hps lights and so does most large Hardware stores. Also grow and hydroponic shops. There is Ebay and a large host of online shops. Just remember, more is not always better. The heat build up from too large a light can be extreme, a 400w would never work in such a small place. A 250 hps would be pushing the limit. I have seen many people become all excited because they bought a powerful HID only to find out that it completely overheats the room or cabinet.

cool

if you had about a 5 foot closet, 2 deep, 4 wide, 1 plant, would you get a 250 or 2 70's?

how hot is too hot..too cold?

Back
Top Bottom