Starting a grow room

plainedge

im starting a mini grow in a cabinet

the cabinets abou 2 nd a half feet high

foot and a half wide

3 feet deep

i was wondering what kind of set up youd recomnd for situation like this,keep in mind stealth is an issue here

Got any pics? Soil, hydro? What kind of lights are you working with? 2.5' high is cutting it close but I'm sure it can be done. I would recommend an LST grow or a No Mercy grow. Check out some grow journals here as many people have pulled off compact grows with decent results.

your size is small but you can make it work, i would look into a grow tent to keep light in the closet....how stealthy are you looking for there are a bunch of guys on this site doing stealth grows with storage totes, secret rooms, etc gotta use your imagination and come up with something that is going to work in your scenario

your going to need something with a low profile so you can use all the height in your space so five gallon buckets are probly out

what kind of lights are you going to use?

scratch that was talking to my freinds about this and turns up my freinds got an interest in this and aswell he has an empty yacht that he nolonger uses that is perfect for this...the yachtwas hes grandparetns and has been sittng in ehs abckayrd for 5 years the thing is huge with more then enough room and multiple rooms and areas perfect for all stages off the plants.....were planning on usiong the LED lights for the first time see how it goes does anyone ahve any suggestions or experience with these lights??

another thing would be we pny ahve access to seeds out of cr@p middys where could we safely order them without our m,oeny being wasted

I reccommend attitude seed bank. Very fast delivery and very stealthy and great great selection. Also I DO NOT recommend the LED lights. So far the majority of what iv read is bad about the growth time your plants get when using LEDs. Of course there have been an occasional good grow using them but in all honesty i think they just take a LOT longer. Id save your money and get some T5's or some CFL's for vegging. and go witht he 400 or 600 wat HPS for flowering. you will NOT be dissappointed!

I agree with sportsman. CFLs and the 400/600 watt HPS will do you just fine. I just checked out Boss's LED grow and he said they sucked. Supplemental CFLs are needed for flowering and the price is just too steep when there are other tried and true ways to deal with lighting. There is also a sweetspot with LEDs which means they can't be too close or too far. There were definitely pros and cons though.

Here's what Boss said about the LEDs in his LED/CFL Grow Test.
I think they suck, or I need to try to move them up into the "light ring" zone. In other words, if I move them closer then 2 feet, I see little light rings on the plants, and that can't be good, but who knows.

Honestly, I think the plant grew as well under this setup as it did under 21 cfls, so I have to say it was successful in cutting heat (A LOT) and cutting wattage in HALF. I guess you have to add, a LOT less noise, I didn't need near as much air movement, and that meant quieter fans.

yes thats wgat were planning on doing running extension cords from ehs house and hes cousions(lives right nekt door to him and is about 65 never goes in the backyard)...also ill have 2 go to the local hydroponic store and get some of thsoe lights then instead of the leds if what iv read is true....and i am going to cheak out that seed bank mentioned before ill post again in the nekt few days and let u know guys know how its coming along

a couple of good construction grade extension cords will probly do you fine, just dont mow em hahah. construction grade is more expensive but it handles the power alot better without getting hot

Back
Top Bottom