Cal Def, And Glossy(?) Spots on Leafs, Help Plz!

PhishyPhil

hey guys, thanks for all the previous help, but once again i come to you all in search of your great wisdom and advice.

my buddies lady was doing fine, its his first grow and he made some minor mistakes early on with not using proper soil (something similar to MG), Nutes, or really anything other than genetics which are DP PowerPlant.

so anyways, hes about 25-30 days in veg and the middle fan leafs are showing Calcium Def around the edges, but along the familiar rusty cal def spots, there is a glossy film type of damage. at first i thought bugs, but then noticed its too uniform and patterned to be bugs, so i was wondering could this be an effect of the cal def? or could it even be a PH issue?

im at a complete loss here as ive never see it before on any of my ladies and i am really at a lost as to what advice to offer.

thanks again as always

Phil.
:tokin:

nada, thanks for the reply JJ.

i had him back off the watering, he was doing it all wrong and not letting the roots dry out in between feedings.

after he backed off the problem stopped, a lil CaMg+ knocked out the cal def.

thanks though! :cheer:

Sometimes Cal/Mag deff are hard to separate from over watering. The Symptoms look a lot the alike. I had this same issue which I thought was over watering so I backed off watering a lot and it did not fix the issue with the Fan Leaves, Then I started adding 4 ml of Cal/Mag to every watering and it has all but cleared up. Remember that it will be normal throughout the course of the grow for some leaves to turn yellow and die (Usually all at the lower parts of the plant) If your new growth gets affected, that's when you want to worry.:cheer: Hope everything has gotten better.

thanks for the reply! yep thats what i told him, its all about new growth. i havent seen the lady for a bit, but he said its still doing better

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom