Calcium deficiency and light stress

johnehazeharvester

In the top image, I noticed chlorosis on a few of the upper leaves in one of my amnesia haze auto flowers. I was away for one week not monitoring plants. I had water bags attached. I think I may have given only half as much Cal mag as other plants. I think this plant got 1 ml of Cal-Mag, although it may have gotten 2 ml in a 3.5 gallon over the week. I also noted curling of top leaves on the same plant and the lights were only about 11 in from the top. PPFD over 1,000. I raised the lights. Everything looks good today, other than a few leaves with this chlorosis and I did good give 2ml more of Cal-Mag . I think the leaf curling which only occurred on upper leaves of this one plant was likely due to lights being too close. Does this sound reasonable to everyone or did I get it wrong?

Screenshot_20230116-135011.png

Screenshot_20230116-135040.png

Additional info

use Fox farm trio nutrients. Give approximately half dose every second or third feeding. I also supplement with a tablespoon per gallon of ash from a wood burning stove and PH it with phospheric acid, typically about 7 ml per gallon. My pH is 6.2 to 6.4 after adding acid. Occasionally also give Epsom salt/ magnesium sulfate 1/2 tsp per gallon. This plant got a little less water, two or three liters less than my other two plants in the background. The water bags I used did not water consistently while i was away. I have a gauge to check moisture level in soil and it was not too dry but a bit dry.
I use soil which I prepped with a living soil mix prior to planting. The room was around 72° with relative humidity 45% while I was away. At night temperatures drop to around 65°. I do not supplement with carbon dioxide. I keep PPFD near 1000 as I am in late stage flowering. This is my first grow so just trying to optimize things.

Screenshot_20230116-141823.png

Screenshot_20230116-141803.png

In the top image, I noticed chlorosis on a few of the upper leaves in one of my amnesia haze auto flowers. I was away for one week not monitoring plants. I had water bags attached. I think I may have given only half as much Cal mag as other plants. I think this plant got 1 ml of Cal-Mag, although it may have gotten 2 ml in a 3.5 gallon over the week. I also noted curling of top leaves on the same plant and the lights were only about 11 in from the top. PPFD over 1,000. I raised the lights. Everything looks good today, other than a few leaves with this chlorosis and I did good give 2ml more of Cal-Mag . I think the leaf curling which only occurred on upper leaves of this one plant was likely due to lights being too close. Does this sound reasonable to everyone or did I get it wrong?

Screenshot_20230116-135011.png

Screenshot_20230116-135040.png
Looks like heat but great looking nugg

Back
Top Bottom