Possible iron deficiency, only occurs where light is brightest

Hobomedic

So, my plants are doing something weird. First off some background. I have several strains, all unknown, got the plants from a friend about halfway through veg, he had fucked them up and basically failed at growing. I transplanted them and got them on some nutes. I'm using buddha grow/bloom as well as some cal-mag and recently i got some iron sulfate. I normally water ever 3 days, giving them nutes every other watering. Right now in veg I'm using 20 mL of buddha grow along with 5 mL of cal-mag and some pH up for a solution that is measuring between 6.3 and 6.8 (variations due to me mixing it in 1 gallon increments, I need to buy a reservoir).

The deficiency is starting from the top of the plant and travelling downwards (why I think Fe). Only the plants that get the most light are showing deficient. If half of a plant is in the direct light and the other half not, only the half in direct light is showing deficient. You can see this in the pictures that follow if you zoom in.

Last nute watering I used a foliar cal-mag solution as well as laying some iron sulfate on the top soil they appear to have gotten slightly better but I'm honestly not sure.

Please assist.

20150429_233614.jpg
20150429_233544.jpg
20150429_233528.jpg
20150429_233405.jpg
20150429_233334.jpg
20150429_233308.jpg
20150429_233216.jpg
20150429_233206.jpg

The foliar feed was only after they started looking like this. I don't have a good way to measure my pH run-off. Next time I water I'll put one of the plants on a chair or something and catch the run-off.

its the fox farm.. they put something in it that does stupid stuff.. be safe and flush for two watering cyles then go back to half feed.. youll be fine.. i promise u that.

Friend, you're in multiple nutrient lock-out now. Seriously, I'd gently pluck them from their containers and gently wash the roots as you massage them. Replant into fresh medium and go from there. Oftentimes when folks flush it can be extremely difficult at times to wash excess salts from the substrate.

Alright, a flush it is. I'll keep up with the foliar spray of cal-mag though, they seem to really like that (probably because of the lockout).

Back
Top Bottom