California Could See Over $1.4 Billion Revenue Spike From Tax Cannabis Act

I referenced Prop. 8 as a similar controversial ballot proposition to the Tax Cannabis Act. I didn't intend to go off topic.

Yes, the United States will continue to strong-arm the Canadian judiciary with its heavy-handed influence. I guess both countries figured it would be politically beneficial to make an example of Marc Emory for brazenly and openly conducting an illegal cannabis seed business selling to U.S. citizens.

As progressive as Canada appears to be, there will be targeted prosecutions of international 'drug criminals' who openly advocate for Cannabis Awareness until U.S. federal marijuana laws are repealed and/or relaxed. I predict California will lead the way toward that end.

:peace:

Yes TS but most of those cases as HN stated seem to mostly be "Big Example" making cases to scare the masses to conform to the US's nazi like drug laws.

The Escape To Canada is a good vid that most should watch. That is the main reason I posted about it.

All of my Internet Canadian friends are WAY down on the US. As they see the few problems Canada is having now as being caused by the Canadian Gov. being bullied into following the US's example of law rather than them being sovereign in the development of their own laws, the Drug Laws for example.

All of my Internet Canadian friends are WAY down on the US. As they see the few problems Canada is having now as being caused by the Canadian Gov. being bullied into following the US's example of law rather than them being sovereign in the development of their own laws, the Drug Laws for example.

Or Canada's Gov. made a sovereign choice to bow to U.S. pressure for political reasons/gain/greed. Sounds like a Canadian problem.

Assuming that Canadians have the ability to say "no."

I love Canada though so :peace:

That's... sad. I have seen the effects of outside influences on my town's, my state's, and my country's governments (to varying degrees). I realize that this is more noticable now then 90, 70, 50... even 30 years ago, because my country is not the most powerful force on the planet (although it doesn't seem to want to recognize the fact). Which is not to say that it is without standing in the "power" category - only that there are enough other national governments and, unfortunately, corporate powers that be, that there really is no ONE "most powerful" in the sense that one cannot now dictate to the world.

But I do realize that the actions of others and of other governments do affect my own.

But I am not "down" on those outside forces. Rather, if anything, I am "down" on my own for being... affected by them. And not even that, exactly, but more so my nation's being unable to settle into its place among the world powers (and to improve it if it can).

I feel sorry for all of those citizens of other great nations who are unable to accept the fact that much of their country's issues are, in fact, the fault of said country's governments.

For while I understand that all is certainly not perfect (or as close as to such an ideal as is possible for mere mortals to comprehend, let alone hope to attain) in my own nation... The root cause - and ultimate blame - for this lies not with such external forces that - of course - will have some affect upon the existence of me and mine, but rather in my own nation, my own state, my own city, the goverments of same, and the citizens within them... Including myself.

It is possible to blame others for my own failings, shortcomings, and misdeeds.

But it is not RIGHT.

I also know people who are Canadian citizens. They realize that their system of government is also not perfect and that it has problems of its own. But they also realize that in the main, they love their country, and that they - as citizens of that country - accept the sole responsibility for its problems. As they accept that they are responsible for its accomplishments. They do not blame another nation for their problems.

As should all nations that are past the stage that is generally identified as being "third-world."

Please forgive me. I have the idea within my mind - and understand the concept that I am attempting to speak of. But, alas, I am more heavily-medicated than usual, and I simply cannot express thoughts and concepts well at this point.

In the great roller-coaster of life, I have looped the loop, and at that highest point where one often finds the illusion of weightlessness... I have left the tracks.

But still and all, while I can think of MANY problems and issues that affect my country in this global world - even now, affected and aflicted, I still must find that the problems with my country are, in fact, MINE.

TS: I had to read that twice and you make some good points as always.

I admit that I have not always been a Cannabis Awareness advocate. In truth, I don't use the herb all that much and I'm not a very successful grower. But when I researched the history of cannabis in America and congress' consignment and subscription of it as a Schedule 1 narcotic in my lifetime (1970) I began to question the logical imperative and science behind the federal policy and law, especially in the absence of peer reviewed studies that meet the best scientific principles.

California has lead the way by allowing cannabis to be used for medicinal purposes. Other states and the District of Columbia have followed suit. I don't believe that California's medical marijuana law is based on good science, but I do believe that there is plenty of good anecdotal evidence that cannabis is an effective palliative care treatment option for those who suffer from chronic or fatal diseases. Based on some scientific research, the American Medical Association has revised its policy statement regarding cannabis and is recommending that marijuana should be studied for its medical efficacy. We can hope that the AMA's stance will influence the federal government to revise its marijuana laws accordingly to allow such research.

Throughout human history, cannabis has been used by man as a beneficial herb and medicine. That changed in the 20th century. And I believe it changed because of xenophobia and a western European perception that eschewed the customs and practices of 'inferior' races and their cultural use of cannabis. Throw in some biased news reporting by W. Randolph Hearst, exploiting the new mass media, about black men raping white women under the influence of marijuana with the emergence of Harry Anslinger's bully pulpit and you have the perfect political storm upon which the foundation of America's current marijuana laws are based.

And borrowing from Tortured Soul; THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT!

I think we can all agree that cannabis deserves to be fairly evaluated from a scientific perspective as does the AMA since last year. And American federal drug and health policy should be based upon BEST SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND DATA, not based on fear and cultural hegemony.

I believe that cannabis and hemp have the transformative potential to improve health and the economy in the United States and the rest of the world if its existing federal drug policy is revised based on scientific principles and data. As a world leader, the U.S. can set an example by utilizing the potential of cannabis as a natural resource to make medicine, textiles and relieve its dependence on foreign produced fossil fuels.

But then, I'm a dreamer.

Back
Top Bottom