Cali's Cause Grow 2018

Good morning, I need some ideas in controlling humidity without a dehumidifier. My husband brought another fan home to try that but any other suggestions on keeping humidity down? Yesterday numbers 32-46% humidity yikes and 72-81 degrees.

Having hard time getting ph down at the moment not sure I was using the right stuff
You can use lemon juice as a natural PH down.

Having hard time getting ph down at the moment not sure I was using the right stuff
What are you using? I use an 85% phosphoric acid. 2-3 drops lowers my PH significantly.

First off. That stuff is just to calibrate your PH pen lol. Let's get you straightened up here. Give me a sec to go back and check your setup. Do you have a PH pen?

First off. That stuff is just to calibrate your PH pen lol. Let's get you straightened up here. Give me a sec to go back and check your setup. Do you have a PH pen?
Yes and that's what I thought but with work have made it to hydro shop to get ph down

It's all good. Ok so with hydro your water temperatures are pretty crucial too. Try to keep your reservoir below 75°. Also, at that age they can be taking full strength nutrients (following their guide for hydro) . Your PH should be 5.8 after adding nutrients to it. Always let your reservoir water sit for 24 hours before adding nutrients to.allow the chlorine etccc...to offgas. You're gonna NEED a reliable PH meter and a calibration liquid intended for 7.0 in case you ever decide to go soil. Buy as good a quality PH pen as you can afford.

This chart is crucial in assuring no deficiencies. Lays out perfectly what nutrients and minerals are available to the plant at what PH.
ae10ec6d12c53579e0018d0d0b88fc14.jpg

Don't fret over high veg humidity. Air exchange and circulation in flower will help get it down. Do you have an extraction fan and filter?

Don't fret over high veg humidity. Air exchange and circulation in flower will help get it down. Do you have an extraction fan and filter?
I started full strength nutes today. we don't use tap water for are plants only distilled. Water temp stays under 75. I have ph4 ph7 ph10 to cali my pen. we have a nice pen dose ppm too. And yes nice fans and filters.

Will using lemon juice as temp ph down effect when I have to change my water?
Nope. Youll notice throughout the week til your next reservoir change that your PH will creep back up., that's normal and nothing to do with the lemon juice. The lemon juice is an organic PH down, no different than store bought acids......its still an acid, just a citric acid instead.

Adjusted ph levels to 6.2 for gg#4/SD and 5.58 ph for Red
Ok so why the variation in PH? 6.2 is getting into soil PH range. Try to get them both in the 5.8 range. Otherwise what Will happen is your plant will NOT be able to take in the (N) nitrogen , (k) potassium, (Ca) calcium that it needs in veg to produce healthy leaves and flowers.

2 key things........

#1......ENVIRONMENT- the key to all living things. Plants and animals have adapted to their ideal environment through evolution. We don't have time to evolve Plants, so we must provide as close to the perfect environment as possible. Happy plants = big fat buds.

#2.....PATIENCE- although it's going to be difficult, it's important when you're making changes to your environment especially late in veg or in flower that you do one thing at a time and see how the change affects your plant. Subtle changes in a hydro system can affect the plant more quickly. It's easier for you to see how your environmental changes affect your girls.

Hopefully this helps for now.

Pics today. We are worried about Beasley. She's yellowing and turning under. Should we cut the lower yellow leaves?
48ddbded6889614aead61206cbbedefb.jpg
5bdcab169f4775e3638ba0180fdcf933.jpg
508382d3544c69e37b9b9803dcdc8297.jpg

Back
Top Bottom