Cali's Cause Grow 2018

I'd have to say that you're giving your girl too much nitrogen. Looks like claw or nitrogen toxicity. Yellowing is usually under or overwatering but since hydro.....id stick with my assumption. Both girls are fed the same way? How did you adjust your PH? As I said before.....its likely to creep back up through the week til next res change, but don't adjust it every day.

I'd pluck those bottom leaves as they will never heal. Slow down your nitrogen and remember PATIENCE......less is more.

Ok.....how are you watering them, be sure to PH the water you use in your watering can. I'm missing something.

They are in bubble buckets with 60 gal air pumps with air stones with water at bottom of roots in the rockwool and surrounded in hydro stone.

They are in bubble bucket with water at bottom of root in rock wool cube

For sure...like mine
02c8bd460166cd02fcb008d300c8ac16.jpg
but until the roots hit the spray from the Air stone.. ...how r they getting water?
Their should be space between the bottom of the net pot and the waters surface.

Mine started as a teeny tiny seedling, not to mention that her leaves were all screwed up and I doubt it very much that she was going to make it. That being said, her root was only about an inch long when she went into Hydroton. I watered her through the top of the Hydroton for at least 10 days before her root finally showed up out of the bottom of the net pot and started hanging down towards the reservoir. At that point, my reservoir water was touching the bottom of my net pot. Once I saw the root emerge from the bottom of the net pot, I dropped my water level down to 1 in below the net pot and allowed the AirStone to start bubbling and causing the root to reach for its water source. Since then, the roots have been growing like crazy. When I was watering through the top with a watering can, I was only using Straight water, no additives or nutrients at that time.
4bf1230a1c291264dcf14fc1a4b7ce33.jpg
02092ea1972eba377b9f8ac5e330f084.jpg

Pics today. We are worried about Beasley. She's yellowing and turning under. Should we cut the lower yellow leaves?

508382d3544c69e37b9b9803dcdc8297.jpg
Agree with guy for the most part
First two pictures show claw leaves and chlorosis on lower leaves...looks like nitrogen toxicity and nitrogen deficiency...possible overfeeding which blocks ANY nutes from being absorbed. purple petioles supports this as your first pics had nice green petioles. ( Petioles are the leaf stalks connecting them to the stem )

I'd recommend using a 1/4 or 1/2 strength nutrient solution @ 5.8 ph and flushing the root zone.
Dilute your reservoir with p'd water half capacity
Once you see the plant can handle that dose, increase by 1/4 strength increments every feeding until you see burn at tips to find a max

The reasoning for using 1/4 or 1/2 the nutes is if a plant drinks more water than nutrients, the total dissolved solids increases making the nutrient solution stronger. Too strong of solution and the plant can't drink water! It will start using the nutrients it has stored in reserve to fuel the new growth. Plants also cool themselves like we do by "sweating" out water. Water is crucial, the third pic has some leaf edge curl happening from extreme humidity or more likely in your case heat stress;

how far is that 1000W led from the top of the plants?
what is the air temp at the plants top?

Keep on growing!

Agree with guy for the most part
First two pictures show claw leaves and chlorosis on lower leaves...looks like nitrogen toxicity and nitrogen deficiency...possible overfeeding which blocks ANY nutes from being absorbed. purple petioles supports this as your first pics had nice green petioles. ( Petioles are the leaf stalks connecting them to the stem )

I'd recommend using a 1/4 or 1/2 strength nutrient solution @ 5.8 ph and flushing the root zone.
Dilute your reservoir with p'd water half capacity
Once you see the plant can handle that dose, increase by 1/4 strength increments every feeding until you see burn at tips to find a max

The reasoning for using 1/4 or 1/2 the nutes is if a plant drinks more water than nutrients, the total dissolved solids increases making the nutrient solution stronger. Too strong of solution and the plant can't drink water! It will start using the nutrients it has stored in reserve to fuel the new growth. Plants also cool themselves like we do by "sweating" out water. Water is crucial, the third pic has some leaf edge curl happening from extreme humidity or more likely in your case heat stress;

how far is that 1000W led from the top of the plants?
what is the air temp at the plants top?

Keep on growing!
Red has roots! She is doing great. We dropped her water level to encourage down root growth and her ph is 6.67.

Beasley is doing much better! The new water yesterday has helped get her standing tall again. We changed water yesterday and her ph is 7.08.
5d74764c87df86eb30ab28555e91afa8.jpg
09bd6ca9ee970cb575cf45627aaf0a58.jpg
c3b666c5149286eab55e4c43626a71d0.jpg
105e8193b5399dd15558db7c1bcf534b.jpg

Light is 18" away and Temps vary between 72-81. We added another exhaust fan to stabilize temp/humidity. We still get a lot of fluctuations.

Corrections water ph 6.0 and 6.20...update new water..change ph to 5.5 flushed roots...Lights 30" away....

Back
Top Bottom