can i increase lumens by adding?

gren

can i increase lumens by adding more lights?since cfls are less intense the hids,can increase the number of cfls of diffrent spectrums to equal the lumens of a hid

gren said:
can i increase lumens by adding more lights?since cfls are less intense the hids,can increase the number of cfls of diffrent spectrums to equal the lumens of a hid

Yes and no, if you add lights, it will increase the overall lumens, but if every light puts off say 2500 lumens, having 4 lights doestn't mean you are putting off 10,000 lumens. The physics of light particles dont work that way. The fact of the matter is this, from what I gather by the questions you are asking, you should use flouros, and grow 5-6 six medium sized plants..the flouros will work fine for that.

i can only grow med size plants,even if the cfls have higher lumens or the same lumens then the hids,a 200 watt high output cfl=6700k @red spectrum,
2 of these cant replace a 400watt hid?since the hid is 6700k too

How many watts is your MH Dank? I bet it still yeilds pretty nice just get em big. I'm getting a 450 watt HPS soon and I can't wait to put some plants under it.

Back
Top Bottom