Can I keep a clone as mother plant?

Detoxx

420 Member
I had a female bagseed of some fire bud. I was to eager to keep it as a mother plant. I took on cuttling from it and was wondering if i can keep it as a mother plant?

Sure can. And then when you are tired of taking cuttings from that clone you can flower it out. Oh, one of the last cuttings can become the new mother.

I use a code system. The name of the strain is the wording. The first number is the seed #. The next number means that there were at least that many clones taken and flowered. The next number means it was a clone from the previous number and so on down the line.

So Blue Dream 4.2.7 means it was the 4th Blue Dream seed. I ended up with at least two clones from seed #4 that made it into the flowering cabinet. Along the way I took clones from BD 4.2 and at least 7 of them ended up in the flowering cabinet.

From plant BD 4.2.7 I took more clones and liked only one which made it into the cabinet. So that one would become BD 4.2.7.1 and it goes on and on. Some gardeners have said that the example of BD 4.2.7.1 would be the 4th generation.

Hopefully you can follow that.

Also, some growers will find a plant that seems to be a perfect donor and will keep taking cuttings and producing clones for several years.

Back
Top Bottom