can i salvage my moldy bud?

Edward Scissorhash

so i harvested 12 plants, 6 critical kush and 6 dream queen.
i dried and cured them and jared them, waited for the stems to become snappy.
i burped the jars i put them in afterwards as well. I thought all of it was dry enough but come to find out i just looked at it, and theres mold on there, obviously due to moisture content and lack of ventilation. I wasn't aware that mold can grow at as low as 15% wetness :( because i was aiming for the 10% finished cure and i thought a slight bit wet would be better to have than my weed drying out too much. I got little spots basically within my jar.

From everything I just read, I tried to figure this out myself. I realize there is bad common mold called aspergillus or something, and then powdery white mildew and some other kind that arent really harmful. What kind of mold do I have since I didn't have good enough ventilation? the bad mold I am assuming?

If I have this bad mold, with the toxins or whatever, is there anyway to salvage it via cooking or hash methods?
Im only willing to salvage it, if it is do able, if i am taking any substantial risks i will just dispose of it, but Im just a little upset I had to lose 1 full plant and I got a couple plants jared that have a few tiny spots on there.

if i chopped off the tiny spots on the jared plant that wasnt affected much would the rest be smokable? I have no allergies, no respiratory problems or immune system problems, and I was reading everyone that smokes has smoked mold already so.... if i chopped off the visible little spots there even are, is this okay to keep to smoke?

thanks in advance

I have read but haven't tried this: turn it into bubble hash. supposedly the mold will float to the top of your 'tea' and the resin sinks to the bottom.

sorry for your loss.

i have saved mine from mold i did the water with hydrogen peroxide you dip it in swish it around then rinse it off then u have to dry it out completely then. i looked at it with my loop after i did all this and i didn't see any white mold anywhere. you can try it on one you really don't have anything to loose. i did mine and smoked it and I'm still alive.:laughtwo:.i did the same thing i had it to wet inside my jars. i went on ebay and bought the humidity packs that keep it at 62 humidity for my last grow and they are looking great i still burp them and all just to be on the safe side. but try it and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom