Moldy Weed

Hey 420 I was curing my buds in mason jars everything seemed to be going ok after being in jars for about 2 weeks was burping them at least 2 twice a day. I noticed yesterday in the jar that had my biggest buds there was some mold on some of the buds I removed the effected parts of the buds and threw them away. Now that I have done that the other buds smell like mold that were in the jar but have no visible signs of mold even when I pull them apart are they safe to smoke or should I throw it all out
If it smells like cat piss dump it. And get it out of the jars and brake buds up place in paper shopping bags just coat the bottom with buds close bag shake daily and check for mold daily as well buds will b ready for the jars in 5-7 days. Burp 2 times a day for the next week or two ( a small hydrometer in the jars helps)than add a 62% humidity pack now y can back off on the burping a little bit

Hey 420 I was curing my buds in mason jars everything seemed to be going ok after being in jars for about 2 weeks was burping them at least 2 twice a day. I noticed yesterday in the jar that had my biggest buds there was some mold on some of the buds I removed the effected parts of the buds and threw them away. Now that I have done that the other buds smell like mold that were in the jar but have no visible signs of mold even when I pull them apart are they safe to smoke or should I throw it all out
I too was freaked at my curing buds. It's my first grow and wasn't sure if it was dense trichomes or mould on them. I am using Boveda packs but had over dried my weed and had added a soaked branch to add some humidity for a day or two. I went online to idendify mould and I don't have any...yet. I'm sorry for your loss, but your post has taught me to be more diligent in checking throughout this process. I highly recommend the Boveda packs. Good luck
My question: no doubt in identifying mould? It's easy to distinguish?

i have years of identiffying moldy lbs of weed on the black market thats how i learned about it.

mold has a certain smell to it #1, it also seems to “take away” any weed smell.
thats to say if you leave a moldy bud in a jar with other buds, the mold will take the smell of all of them.

the mold kind of looks like small puffs of dust.
also if its really bad when you snap the bud in half clouds of mold spores go shooting out

i have years of identiffying moldy lbs of weed on the black market thats how i learned about it.

mold has a certain smell to it #1, it also seems to “take away” any weed smell.
thats to say if you leave a moldy bud in a jar with other buds, the mold will take the smell of all of them.

the mold kind of looks like small puffs of dust.
also if its really bad when you snap the bud in half clouds of mold spores go shooting out
You nailed it in my case I noticed fine white hairs on the buds and the smell was very distinct especially when compared to the other jars I had that weren't moldy

Back
Top Bottom