Can I scrog larger plants?

ShutUpDonny

Hey all,

The reading I've done on scrogging usually seems aimed at a plant-to-screen ratio of 1 per sq foot. Well I will have a maximum of 4 plants in a 3x3 tent, which obviously gives them a lot more room. Seems to me that I can just veg for longer, and spread my plants further out to reach the same goal? Please say if it's a waste of time, or if there are any downsides to my plan. This is my first grow, and it's from seeds, so more plants aren't currently an option.

Thanks for your help!

You have to decide for yourself if it's a waste of your own time or not. No one can decide that for you.

Yes, you can SCROG larger plants. Since you're limited to four this grow, you'll have to consider vertical height restrictions as the plants will stretch for up to a couple weeks when you switch to 12/12 while still maximizing light coverage and canopy density.

It really depends on how long you're willing to veg them. Sounds like you have some time to play with. If that's true, I'd top them in a way that created a stadium structure so you have short bushes. Basically, cut out the middle to promote lots of nice upward shooting side growth.

Rinse and repeat until you're satisfied with the bush, then flip to 12/12 keeping in mind they'll get bushier when you do and will get taller. That has to be factored into when you flip.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom