Have I filled out my SCROG?

d42zero

Hi,

I did my first SCROG last grow (can see pics in my journal linked below).. it went well, but I didn't quite 'fill the screen' all the way. Yield was about 350g from 630w of light. This time around I've decided to give the girls an extra week or two in veg, but I also have a third plant this time (vs. two last time) so that's changed things a little bit.

Last grow I flipped at 42 days, this grow is now at 49 days. Screen currently looks like this:

PXL_20210224_231601159.jpg

PXL_20210224_231608690.jpg

I'm moving branches every one or two days, just trying to keep things as close to the same height as possible.

The tutorial I've been using (LBH's LST/SCROG tute) is really good for the first half of veg, but gets a little vague from here. My plan is:
  • Keep training and keeping the canopy level until the plants have pretty much filled the screen (which I feel like is about now, maybe give them another few days?)
  • Once the screen is full, stop training daily and give them another week or so for the colas to reach about 8" above the screen
  • Trim all the bud sites from below the screen
  • Do a little final training to level it out properly
  • Flip
Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

We're doing about the same, I've always done 2 plants, but this grow I've squeezed in an extra small pot for 3 plants.
In a 2x5 space.
I am right at 28 days I think.
SCROG will be soon.
I usually veg for 60 days give or take about 5 days with two plants, 3 might take a week off that.
Iam going for 75 colas if I can squeeze it.

Thanks for the tips, I originally wrote 6-8" but changed it to 8 :D They're probably about 4" at the moment so maybe not much longer to go. I kept things as low as possible, I can lift the lights by about 2 feet and they're a good 18-20" from the lights already, hopefully that's enough.

My space is 1500x800 which I think is 5x2.5 or so..

Do you have a previous journal where I can look at how big yours were and how they turned out? If so could you post a link? I can't find a list of your threads, only your individual posts..

Thanks for the tips guys! I ended up flipping a little bit late, maybe a week or so.. by that time the longest were almost bang on a foot above the screen. I had to trim one cola as it was getting within 300mm of the light, but it'll be interesting to see what happens to the secondaries on that one...

I've ended up with a lot more growth than I had planned:

PXL_20210330_031824927.jpg

The photo shows quite well how dark it is down low.. I'm going to give them one more defoliation to open things up and they'll be on the home stretch.

Expecting the lower stuff that's in the shade to be pretty average, there's a fair few little colas down there that haven't flowered at all yet, as opposed to the top stuff that's already showing white pistils and lots of trichs. I think I'm going to leave that lower stuff though.. in one of my early grows I did a two-stage harvest and that worked pretty well, so I might do that here if the lower stuff isn't ready when the top stuff is.

For interest's sake I thought I'd post another photo that I just found... here's how big they were at flip:

PXL_20210304_081107393.jpg

I did a terrible job of levelling them out this time around, I'll definitely work harder on that next time. I still haven't quite figured out how to properly fill a screen but I read something in a tutorial like "It's just something you have to learn by trial and error" and I guess I'd agree with that :)

Back
Top Bottom