How do I best fill the SCROG screen?

This looks like the place for me :), ok I got 1 sour diesel in a 7gal fabric pot in a 4x4 tent. Looking for any advice or criticism as it's my first attempt at scrog. I do have a journal I started the other day if anyone wants to check it out but here's a few pics
420-magazine-mobile65369822.jpg
420-magazine-mobile67068507.jpg
its 2 weeks into flower. Pls let me know what u think an any advice u have :)

Ya know, Grow, it really depends on your goal. (I am a poet, but I don't know it, yet my feet show it.)

IF your goal is (because of legal considerations) to be safe - then just use one plant. I don't know where you are, or what the legal limits are, but, back in the day ... the difference in charges (if you got busted) between one plant and four was pretty big. So, back in the day, I would really try to limit the number of plants in my garden so that I'd only do a year in jail instead of ten. I've never been busted (came close) but I truly believe that's because I used (and still do) an abundance of caution.

IF your goal is to produce the most weight as quickly as possible, I would go ahead and plant all four. Situate them more towards the corners and direct side growth to the center. All the other 'rules' I posted above still apply. You can call it a SCROG or a SOG or a hybrid of both - but that will produce the most fruit the quickest. You will get to 75% coverage much faster, so you'll get more crops per year and be more efficient.

Happy growing.

~ Auggie ~
That was my plan for my 4x4 until i dropped to 3 plants and found asesinos quadline technique. I used one olant for my 2x2 tho and worked out great. This will now be my standard setup. Scrog in the 2x2 quadlines in the 4x4 so I can get around em easier (watering, stripping general maintenance)

I made one out of string and bamboo garden canes,

Wow, great idea, thanks. I'll look around and see what natural products are around me.

Would someone tell me to purchase one of these please?

Oh man all you need is a friend with a farm or acreage. I use sheep fencing that has holes from 3x4" to 4x6". No frame needed at all. If growing in buckets jut put 3 or 4 bamboo sticks in the pot angled out and use baling wire or twist tie you can buy on rolls to hang it loosely off the bamboo. TIP: dead easy to drill holes thru bamboo for anchor points!

If I want to lead a grow tip across a big space I just tie in some wire so I can keep tying down the grow tip as it travels across. Once it hits the wire I remove the bridge and use it elsewhere.

Real ScroG is lot different than what most call scrog. Most put a screen in so their colas don't fall over and mostly do that wrong too. Real ScroG is tying down the grow tips and side branches until you can't see thru the screen before flowering. Weaving is for nOObs! Small bits of twist tie holding down grow tips to the screen is the way to go. As the grow goes on you may want to re-position a branch to better fill an empty spot. All weaved in so no way!

Tied down with snips of twist-tie wire and 3 quick back twists and you can position a whole branch exactly where you want it to be. Have more than one strain sharing the same screen? Take a couple of 2" wires off and take a whole branch upstairs for trimming knowing exactly which strain it is.

The beauty of a proper ScroG is you can take an extra few weeks vegging and get at least twice as much bud from the same plant. DWC ScroG rocks! What's not to like about getting over a half pound off one plant ScroGed on a 2x3' screen. Sure it takes another month of veg but time it right and you can be cropping one each month in a small grow. Dial it up and the world's yer oyster!

:peace:

Oh man all you need is a friend with a farm or acreage. I use sheep fencing that has holes from 3x4" to 4x6". No frame needed at all. If growing in buckets jut put 3 or 4 bamboo sticks in the pot angled out and use baling wire or twist tie you can buy on rolls to hang it loosely off the bamboo. TIP: dead easy to drill holes thru bamboo for anchor points!

If I want to lead a grow tip across a big space I just tie in some wire so I can keep tying down the grow tip as it travels across. Once it hits the wire I remove the bridge and use it elsewhere.

Real ScroG is lot different than what most call scrog. Most put a screen in so their colas don't fall over and mostly do that wrong too. Real ScroG is tying down the grow tips and side branches until you can't see thru the screen before flowering. Weaving is for nOObs! Small bits of twist tie holding down grow tips to the screen is the way to go. As the grow goes on you may want to re-position a branch to better fill an empty spot. All weaved in so no way!

Tied down with snips of twist-tie wire and 3 quick back twists and you can position a whole branch exactly where you want it to be. Have more than one strain sharing the same screen? Take a couple of 2" wires off and take a whole branch upstairs for trimming knowing exactly which strain it is.

The beauty of a proper ScroG is you can take an extra few weeks vegging and get at least twice as much bud from the same plant. DWC ScroG rocks! What's not to like about getting over a half pound off one plant ScroGed on a 2x3' screen. Sure it takes another month of veg but time it right and you can be cropping one each month in a small grow. Dial it up and the world's yer oyster!

:peace:
I have the farm stuff you mentioned, thank you for the excellent advice and schooling. I appreciate your help. I'm on it!

Not a SOG or SCrog, but I use the screens to tie the plant for canopy management.
3/19
About 6 weeks from flipping, I had the plant on a 24 x 24" screen

4/4
Transplanted from the 3 gallon smart pot to a 10 gallon smart pot and moved the plant into the tent under twin 315W CMH's and installed a 36" screen
After installing screen and tying the plant down.

4/27
Two days prior to flip

4/29
Night of flip

4/30
Next morning with the lights on.

5/28
One month later
6/27
Two days prior of harvest.

6/30
Harvest

GR

Questions about the height of the screen and how often should you top , I read online that 50 cm from the base of the plant is ideal , but I think that is a bit high , can you guys confirm the ideal height from the base of the stem , so from the soil ? please confirm how often do you top each plant ?

Questions about the height of the screen and how often should you top , I read online that 50 cm from the base of the plant is ideal , but I think that is a bit high , can you guys confirm the ideal height from the base of the stem , so from the soil ? please confirm how often do you top each plant ?
really it depends on what kind of plant you have. I change the screen when i change strain

This is my first scrog , I have 2 strains running , purple bud and white widow , so just looking for guidance , I have lowered the screen to about 40 cm now , and I have 2 plants just below and 2 that are slowly catching up , I have topped them all twice , just wanting to make sure im on the right track...

The concept is so simple that it’s sort of difficult to mess up too badly, but some people put more effort in than others, to make a perfectly even canopy, etc. The height above the pot doesn’t matter all that much, as long as you have room to reach under. 50cm does seem like it would be unnecessarily high.... got any pics?

Ok after a little help pleeeeeaaase. Scrog screen has been set, now im not exactly sure how high it should sit above the pot?
20190202_212451.jpg

20190202_212624.jpg

It is currently sitting at abot 34-35cm (14-15inches) off the pot. Now is this high enough? Or should it be lower? Do I flip them now that they have reached the screen? Or do I fill the screen up first any information/links would be great or tag someone that can help me would be wondeeful cheers.
20190202_230601.jpg

Looking at this now could have done with two clones? Maybe i should flip now?
20190202_212722.jpg

I put my screen 45 cm from the bottom of my pots , I think that if yours are 35 cm from the top of your pots that is perfect.

As soon as you get the heads popping through the screen, start to tie them down to the screen.

You want the tips to spread out and to train the plant to grow over the top of the screen.so that you can fill it with the scrog ( Sea of Green ).

Back
Top Bottom