Can I, should I, move flowering plants into bigger pots?

dadadenny

Hey all,
Plants are OG Fire, in 2gal black plastic, FF soil, Tiger Bloom, same age cuttings, one has been in 12/12 for 4 weeks the other for two weeks, very healthy. They need watering at an increasingly frequently interval due to a bucket full of roots. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas or experience in moving flowering plants into larger pots at this vigorous flowering time.
A beautiful 3" apical bud on the one left un-topped. They are inter mixed with plants that will be harvested next month so available light will increase, as they are under the canopy of the trimmed larger plants. The #2 pots were an oversight as I have CRS and an incredibly short attention span.
Thanks.

If i were you i would get them in 5 gal buckets asap, us should have transplanted 1-2 weeks before your flower so that you dont run into root issues. Plus if you get Smart Pots your roots wont spider around the edges of the pot and sufficate it like it would in a plastic one. i would transplant them now rather then later beacuse it will be more dirastic on the plant later. When you transplant use soil that is high in potassium and phosphorous .

image_19.jpeg

image_210.jpeg

Hey thanks for the input. Your closest retailer is over a thousand miles away, not to wise to ship bag soil across the country. But if 420 don't mind the plug, I'm ok with you using my post to promote your soil. Do you have Fox Farm Soils in Michigan? They are so good you don't need any plant food for weeks and weeks. I don't work for them I just used their soil for my first grow and am glad I did, but recon most of those fancy bag soils better be humas gold. I haven't decided what do with my #2 pots yet. I can leave them alone and that will hasten their maturity, and diminish their yield. Or to move em up and lengthen their lives and buds, but it is spring and the garden will be planted in less than a month. Hey thanks again for the input.

Yha no prob i dont sell any of this but i rep what works, this is just some soil that a michigan man sells thatvis high in every thing, i was just ising as an example of the nute value that it has as well as the bat guano as options.

I have used fox farm and i like it but u have to be carfull becuase people forget to mix it with flat soil to lv out, or just water with water and not feed for couple weeks.

Look to see if you can get this to add to foxfarm,

image_55.jpeg

Adding this will up the amount of beneficial bacterial organisms that are in the soil that help breakdown nutes for your plant so that they can use it with less stress and strain on the roots/plant.

just mix soils and play with it just remember if you use fox farm ONLY, you need to watch out when you feed so you dont over do it like many first timers that just wanted to get foxfarm because they like the pictures (people do the same with nutes X o) <-- dont do that lol talk to people at your local (but not too local) grow store and ask them what they would recommend, they know alot if the store is anygood. Try to stay away from organic stuff for a while because they can be hard to use and you need to add special additives to unlock the full potential of the organic nutes you add. Syntetic nutes sound bad for your plant, but they were designed to be broken down by the plant and have exactly what they want. organic you have to break down longer and plants will not go AS fast, but can do just as well if used correctly (just tad more difficult),

Good info,
Thanks, I decided to go for the volume and think the extra soil will make for a plant that lives and grows for an extra 6 or so weeks . The 2 Fire's are being grown to be weighted to see if topping one and leaving the other alone yields significantly more, or less, or the same. Am also feeding one of them,( the topped one) a shrimp meal/molasses mix instead of plain water ever other watering. The one who's top is still in tact only gets plain water every other watering, with Tiger Bloom being its only addition to the soil.
I like you journals and will keep checking in.

ding ding ding ding, and the one concept not considered yet would have also worked, is, ... Once the plant is into its third week of flower its function is blooming, not creating new roots. So by moving the plants up, I have given them a bigger reservoir to draw from, but few, if any new roots to take advantage of that reservoir, so it just lengthens time between watering. Growing is great, in or outside, pay attention and ya just might learn something about life. Or not.

I would like to transplant week before flower and attempting to 2x if not 3x the container size. That way they are able to grow into there new home before they grab hard for flower!

I would like to transplant week before flower and attempting to 2x if not 3x the container size. That way they are able to grow into there new home before they grab hard for flower!

That would work alot better. If your not using great white or voodoo juice ot speed up the root process then you may want ot veg 2 weeks longer. After transplanting roots take a week before they start growing again.

"I wouldnt repot if its already in its 3rd week of flowering. I had the same issue before in my first grow. Just was a waste of soil. If you do how ever you may want to use voodoo juice and great white."
Thanks Wiz, repot? I already did, and will now check out voodoo and great white.
My repot was into a slightly larger black placstic pot than they were in so its not a huge wet reservoir of unused soil, but a mistake to learn from, Thanks again for the info.

Thanks Wiz, repot? I already did, and will now check out voodoo and great white.
My repot was into a slightly larger black placstic pot than they were in so its not a huge wet reservoir of unused soil, but a mistake to learn from, Thanks again for the info.

Try not to think of it as unused soil but air for your roots to breath a bit, if i stuck you in a chest the air would get stale fast but if you were in a 6x6 box it would be allot easier to breath right? same with the soil, you want your plants to have all the water and o2 available to them so they can either draw from it or grow to it either way.

Back
Top Bottom