Newbie: should I start flowering?

Jeb74

420 Member
So here's they story... Plant will be 6 weeks old from seed this Friday February 28th 2020. Grown in FFOF soil mixed with Happy Frog and perlite... using FF trio nutes... Water is PH 6.2..... potted in a fabric 3 gallon pot... running a 1200 vipaspectra LED light at 18hrs on 6 hrs dark...
I broke the main stem almost 2 weeks ago. ( a few people here gave suggestions on fixing her that worked great, taped and she repaired
herself) this last week she has really gone crazy growing... at this point would it be a good idea to change lights to 12/12? Suggestions.... plant is very bushy ( I did some LST ) see picture... Again never grew before not sure what to do at this point, I've read a bunch of different things.

Attachments

• 20200224_170002.jpg
    20200224_170002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
Is the vipa your only light?
Flowering size of plant is restricted by the limitation of both light power and space. You seem to have a good amount of space, so it comes down to how much light you can throw at it? Oh, and how long you want to wait for it to finish, if you have any product on hand or not.

Is the vipa your only light?
Flowering size of plant is restricted by the limitation of both light power and space. You seem to have a good amount of space, so it comes down to how much light you can throw at it? Oh, and how long you want to wait for it to finish, if you have any product on hand or not.

Hello, thank you.. the Vipa is the only light I have. People told me that should be the only light I'll need for veg and bloom.

Hello, thank you.. the Vipa is the only light I have. People told me that should be the only light I'll need for veg and bloom.
Hiya, yeah the vipa will be enough to bloom your plant. All lights have a limited foot print of effective light, which dictates the flowering size of the plant. You can look up the manufacturing specs and that will give you the foot print size.
Your plant looks great by the way.

Weather you want to wait a little longer or flip now is up to you, your in the drivers seat. By the way your plants looking good.:passitleft:

I've just had a look at your lights spec, it's good for a 3foot × 3foot area. So you could tie your plant down to fill that area and make the most of light × area. The plant will stretch when flowering, double or treble the height, so if you if you want to fill that 3×3 you will have to keep the canopy quite low and level.

I've just had a look at your lights spec, it's good for a 3foot × 3foot area. So you could tie your plant down to fill that area and make the most of light × area. The plant will stretch when flowering, double or treble the height, so if you if you want to fill that 3×3 you will have to keep the canopy quite low and level.

Thank you, I'm in a 4x4 text with 1 plant so i'm thinking it should be ok? Thoughts? ( only because my other 2 didn't live) Also at this point in time how far away should I keep the light from the plant?

The manufacturer recomends 32inches veg and 26inches in flower. If you lower the light ,do it gradually and keep an eye on the plant,if it shows any sign of stress then raise it again.

When you flip the lights the plant can take a couple of weeks to fully tranfer from veg to flower, thats why i say lower gradually and keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom