Can I use Bubble Water to make butter?

Repobob

I made some Bubble Hash and have all this brown water left over that has been filtered to 33 microns. I was partaking in some of that aforementioned hash :bong: and got a brainstorm..... I think
I'm thinkin that there must be some goodness left in this brown water and I need water to make butter. After a couple more hits and following the logic that more is always better I decided to evaporate this water by putting it above my lights until it turned into a paste. I evaporated all the water on some of this and smoked as I would hash. Only tried a little, but I did get a bit of a buzz.

So far I have evaporated this water down to a consistensy of a runney paste. I plan to soften some butter and then blend in this paste. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this and what were their results? I have about a cup of the hash paste and was thinking of using an equal amount of butter to start with. I figure I'll start strong and blend more butter in if necessary. Any thoughts on this?

I plan to try this later this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out, but in the mean time I'd appreciate your opinions or thoughts.

Thanks,
B

I made some Bubble Hash and have all this brown water left over that has been filtered to 33 microns. I was partaking in some of that aforementioned hash :bong: and got a brainstorm..... I think
I'm thinkin that there must be some goodness left in this brown water and I need water to make butter. After a couple more hits and following the logic that more is always better I decided to evaporate this water by putting it above my lights until it turned into a paste. I evaporated all the water on some of this and smoked as I would hash. Only tried a little, but I did get a bit of a buzz.

So far I have evaporated this water down to a consistensy of a runney paste. I plan to soften some butter and then blend in this paste. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this and what were their results? I have about a cup of the hash paste and was thinking of using an equal amount of butter to start with. I figure I'll start strong and blend more butter in if necessary. Any thoughts on this?

I plan to try this later this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out, but in the mean time I'd appreciate your opinions or thoughts.

Thanks,
B

That's an interesting idea...never heard of anyone trying that, but that meens precisely nothing...be sure to post your results...and brother, just because you didn't get an immediate response, don't get discouraged. This sight has an enormous post volume, and even for someone like me whose on between 6 and 8 hours a day, it's impossible to get to everything at once.

Thanks,
B
Haven't considered it enough to give a opinion and definitley haven't tried it so any opinion would be a guess only. Try it and let us know what you think.

Here's what I have done.
Mixed 2 Cups of Butter and about 1 Cup of evaporated Bubble Hash Water (the consistency of tomato paste) along with about a cup of water in the crock pot. Smelled alot like ass at this point. Cooked on the "Keep Warm" setting on the crock pot for about 6 hours stiring occassionally (unless you are single do not do this in the house, or you will be in deep dodo with the significant other because of the smell). After it was cooked I put the ceramic pot covered in the freezer overnight. Very little smell after it froze, actually smelled kinda nice...like hash. I then seperated the butter from the water. The butter formed a solid mass at the surface. It came out very easily. There was a bit of brown matter on the bottom of the butter slab. This was cleaned off with a paper towel. At this point the butter had a golden tint with a few brown spots. I let the butter sit out for about two hours, until it was soft. I then put the butter in one of those kitchen aid orbital mixers with a wisk attachment for about 10 minutes. It came out as golden a creamey as I ever would have imagined. Now its back in the fridge. I hope to get some pics tonight if I can borrow a buddies camera. Later this week I plan to make some Penut Butter Dream cookies. I'll be traveling to Denver this weekend so I'm hoping they will make the trip a trip.

So far this looks like a possible way of getting even more goodness from our favorite plant. Its the gift that keeps on giving. I'll let you know how the trip goes. I have more than enough for cookies and was wondering if I can use this like on sandwiches and stuff. Will I still feel the goodness or does it have to be in baked goods?

The brown in the butter scares me a little. The stuff coming off the bottom of the butter is normal though. It could be because you put it in the freezer and something didn't separate.

I like to do it two ways.
First make sure the water is chilled to slow its deterioration after your last pull from bubbling. (The THC will actually begin to ferment in the water and create a algae on top so beware)
I like to let the water sit for a day so the particles begin to separate and fall to the bottom.
Then siphon the water until there is barely any water left. (If the hash starts to swirl stop and let it settle)
Then take unbleached coffee filters and gather the hash with a spoon and place it on the coffee filters. (If it is bubblin after its drained its super fine hash)
Let dry for a day and then chop with a razor blade to a powder to make sure it can dry so it wont get moldy.

The second way is to drain the water to about 2 gallons worth.
Place the water in a pot and let it simmer on low with 2-4 sticks of butter for about 2 hours.
Make sure the temp stays below 190 (200+ thc burns)
Then let the pot cool at room temp until you can put it in the fridge.
The Butter will separate from the water over night.
Whip the butter or use just like that.
Patience is key.

good job with the experiment. I was thinking the same thing recently. Dumped out a lot of brown water with a bunch of goodness. Oh well. Next time.

Back
Top Bottom