Can i use duct boosters to cool my hood

nonaware

I have a 400w hid and over the last few weeks its become apparent that i need to grab a air cooler hood. so i want to go out and grab all the stuff at the same time as when i get the hood...

i know that i could use a vortex with a muffler and carbon scrubber and all that. but i dont need the scrubber smell is not an issuse at the moment.
so i was wondering if i hooker up one 6 in duct booster for intake and one for out if that would do the job...

where will the other ends of that duct be? if you got intake and exhaust holes in the room, and are doing a cycle straight through the hood, and out the room, then I would think one of those duct boosters would work... if you only have the exhaust hole int he room, and theis will suck air from the room and go through the hood then out the room,, you would want to be able to pull through at least 1 airchange a minute,, for ventilation, hopefully I am making sense.. :)

the intake will be pulling air form my central air and the exhaust will be pumping it in to my room were the grow tent cab is. the air is set for 70 so the air coming through the vent is a little below that. i am not worried about heat build up in my room there is to much circulation for that to really be a problem. as it is now when the lights are on the door is open so i would be defussing the heat be fore it built up as much as it is now on the plants

Two ways you can cool your lamp with no scrubber.
Option 1 is you can put your lamp on it's own air circuit. Air would be pulled in from an outside source thru the duct work, cooling the lamp, and evacuating it out of the room. It would be it's own sealed air system seperate from the fresh air intake and exaust for the general space.

Option 2 would be one end of your reflector would be open to draw air from the room to cool the lamp and evacuate the air out of the room. This is the set up I run now and I love it! Not only does it cool my lamps but it also knocks down humidity and get rid of odor without needing a carbon scrubber.
For this application you dont want to lollygag around with a duct booster. Get yourself a bad ass inline fan. Hydrofarm and EcoPlus make some great inexpensive units that are comparable in price to a duct booster.
I've ran both types of set ups and now I prefer option 2.

Here's a pic of how I cool my lamps. I have two 430 hps in two cool tubes mounted together. The blower is positioned to pull the air from the grow room, over the lamps, and out of the room thru the ceiling.

100_00951.JPG

It would probably depend on the length and cleanliness of the vent run. helper fans arent that strong by themselves... but if the air path is fairly short and clean it should work for a 400.

Keep in mind, its better to pull air, than try and push it.

Two ways you can cool your lamp with no scrubber.
Option 1 is you can put your lamp on it's own air circuit. Air would be pulled in from an outside source thru the duct work, cooling the lamp, and evacuating it out of the room. It would be it's own sealed air system seperate from the fresh air intake and exaust for the general space.

Option 2 would be one end of your reflector would be open to draw air from the room to cool the lamp and evacuate the air out of the room. This is the set up I run now and I love it! Not only does it cool my lamps but it also knocks down humidity and get rid of odor without needing a carbon scrubber.
For this application you dont want to lollygag around with a duct booster. Get yourself a bad ass inline fan. Hydrofarm and EcoPlus make some great inexpensive units that are comparable in price to a duct booster.
I've ran both types of set ups and now I prefer option 2.

Here's a pic of how I cool my lamps. I have two 430 hps in two cool tubes mounted together. The blower is positioned to pull the air from the grow room, over the lamps, and out of the room thru the ceiling.

100_00951.JPG

damn ive been looking at fan threads all night and i keep seeing your postings...
but yeah your set up is what i want to have in about a years time but right now i just want something that will work for a while...
while i watch my elec. bill and what not.

i really didnt want to have to buy a muffler for a stronger fan. at least not at the moment. so just trying to get by till i get everything set up and have a better idea of the overall structure of my grow room.

damn ive been looking at fan threads all night and i keep seeing your postings...
but yeah your set up is what i want to have in about a years time but right now i just want something that will work for a while...
while i watch my elec. bill and what not.

i really didnt want to have to buy a muffler for a stronger fan. at least not at the moment. so just trying to get by till i get everything set up and have a better idea of the overall structure of my grow room.

you'll see Orangeblood in more than just the fan threads.. hehe.. he is everywhere...

Back
Top Bottom