Boosters for Scrubber

truegreenlove

A guy at the hydroponic store told me duct boosters do not move enough air to be attached to a carbon scrubber. Is this true? I was thinking with going with a 8in that pulls about 210 cfm's seems like enough to me. And how loud are the fans? Thanks for the input.

how big a room, and how big a carbon filter? I don't think the duct boosters have enough 'force' behind that cfm, so would be not do well against the backpressure caused by the scrubber,, (unless it was a small one,,) IMO anyways,,

my room is about 1.5/1.5/4ft. I am only growing two plants in there. All I'm really worried about is smell. I was just looking over a couple odor buckets. Do you think those would take care of the smell for my small grow?

9 cu ft?,,, yeah, one of those booster fans should work, I would think,, especially that big one you mentioned,,

you could also look at a 4" inline fan meant to hook to a scrubber,,

the odor buckets will work, as will just having a jar of ona in there,, (I love the stuff,, I have 3 jars in my room,, 1 on each light,, and one next to the hole in the light hood where my room exhausts too,, I cannot smell the plants in my room, or in the basement where it vents to.

I just cut 2 plants down last night, and the 15 seconds it was in the hallway made the hallway reek for hours,, but I cannot smell a thing in the room..

anyways a couple of good threads..

DIY Odor Control Bucket

DIY carbon filters

DIY High Flow Carbon Filter

How To Build an Inexpensive Carbon Air Scrubber?

Back
Top Bottom