What type of hoods are best?

KbCobra

I use these square ones in my veg room and use the round hoods with no glass for my flower room. I don't need a carbon scrubber so I just hang them. Would it be better to remove the glass out of them?
Screenshot_2015-09-05-13-20-24.png

Do what you want with the glass. With induction lamps, it is more important to keep the room cool and the top of plants from growing into the reflector.

If you believe in the benefits of UVB then you can remove the glass. If you aren't air cooling the hoods then might as well take the glass out in my humble opinion.

Mmm er well yes air cooled hoods with out air cooling, well if heat/temp is not an issue take out the glass as glass can lower light out put by 5% to 10%.

As for the square design style like in closed creates a more focused beam of light bit like a torch & you may find these style of hoods slightly increase yield :thumb:

Open end hoods well you loose some light through the open ends & only basically shines on the walls of ya grow area...

If i wanted more coverage i'd more likely choose a parabolic design or bat wing / A wing etc

Thanks. Temp never seemed to be an issue maybe because of where I live. It does seem like the saucer style hoods cover more area

Glass reduces the bulbs energy to the plant up to 20%. Remove the glass unless you are moving air through the hoods and extracting the heat.

As to what is the best hood. It just comes down to preference, I think. I love UFO hoods for when I use a 600w bulb. Just one or two plants under in in a tent.

With my 1000w double ended bulbs, I use wing and the square type. No glass ever.

Back
Top Bottom