Can One Give "old Soil" New Life?

POKINSMOT

if i've got MG soil that previously grew 2 plants, Is it safe to assume that all the time release ferts have been expired??
because what ive done is this ...:hmmmm:
i let the soil dry out completely, then i used all the BETTAS (from my other hobbie, breeding bettas) that didn't make it to decompose in it(about 8) then added a dozen egg shells for better areation and i soaked it with 6.0ph water that contained 1000 ppm of flora-nova hydro nutes(7-4-10)...
Am i locking up the soil this way? Doing more harm than good?
I know some are gonna tell me to get new soil from the local nursery .....
I know this, but would like to work with what i have & i gave away a few starters in this mix & would have to advise an immeadiate recall if it's gonna be bad for them...
THANX for any knowledge you might put forth:adore:

Re: Can One Give "old Soil" New Life??

umm using old soil can cause spidermites

happend to me oh those 12 beautiful clones died a horrid death

but u might b ok

Amigo, toss any and all miracle grow products.
DEon't use pre-chemically fertilized potting soil of any kind.
Marijuana has different demands through it's growing cycles.
High N for veg, low N high P for flowering.
If there are chemicals already in the soil, this makes it hard for the grower to know how much of what kind of nutrients to add and when.
The BEST brand of potting soil is Fox Farms Ocean and Forest. But it's expensive the further from CA. you live.
Go to a large nursery and look for potting soil that has all kinds of organic goodies--bat/bird guano, worm castings, seaweed/kelp, mychorrizae, hydrated lime, and perlite.
Your plsnts won't need any added nutrients for the first month, then you can add mild amounts of nutrients when your plants begin to lose their vibrant emerald green color, gradually increasing the strength until you're at full strength (organic) or 75% (chem.).
You'll get higher yield, better tasting, more potent weed if you toss that old miracle grow/eggshell soil out and use good stuff. It will only add about 10--15 bux per plant to your costs and will be well worth it.

P.S. With your top quality soil you should also use organic nutrients.
Imo the best is Iguana Grow, from Advanced Nutrients.

P.S. Nutrient-wise, fish shit good, uneaten fish food not so much.

Oh Dude,
I dumped some used soil after the last freeze this year(Mar-Apr)
in the tomatoe garden
and spider mites almost killed my wild cherry tomatoes...

You can re-use it *But* you have to be real careful ..
I re-use mine but as soon as I see a sign that somethin' is wrong,
that pot gets dumped.
You'll have more trouble than it's worth unless you are Tuned In :)
I use 30 gallon containers for storeage and mixing ..
bone meal and blood meal is what I use to adjust ph...
if it needs ferts just add 'em
epson salt is handy to have around..
after 3 uses I toss it ... seperate container with a closeable lid.

Sure won't be dumpin' it in the outdoor garden anymore :)

hey RD ,
what is that iguana grow soil? you were tellin me about a different type of soil last time is this brand better? and where can i get it?
AND YES I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY MG PRODUCTS DO SUCK TO AN EXTENT.

Iguana Grow is a fertilizer. If comes in both veg and bloom and is 100% organic.
It's made by Advanced Nutrients.
You can check out their website here: advancednutrients.com

i've run into the spider mites before n promptly tossed them in the dumpster for a trip to the landfill.... i have slowed down on adding hydro nutes ...infact only 1 time and only 325 ppm and this seemed to brighten things up a bit ...
i've also bought a bag of roganic soil from the nursery that contains...
vermiculite, sphagnum peat moss, bonemeal, sulfate of POTash, volcanic rockdust, kelpmeal, soy flour, dolmitic lime, gypsum, and yucca extracts..
sound good to you? does to me ... but has no NPK rating listed and no info on their web site ... im trin it though ...cuz it was 12.00 for a 20 qt bag.....

Back
Top Bottom