Can you help me

lilstoner

Me and my brother started growing some plants and every time they start growing good, my damn cats keep on geting in to them. Is there anything I can put in the durt or anything I can do to keep them out of it?...I don't have a door to my room and I can't get rid of the cats :hmmmm:

Get a door or a bb gun. Nah, j/k, i dont really know if theres much you can do to keep them out if you have no door, cats are pretty sneaky. J/w but why are you growing without a door? A lil unsafe in myopinion, anyway goodluck

WHATS UP BC, I'm from K-Zoo! Although I don't live there any more. I moved away for college, but I'm still in Michigan. Listen to NoDirt, he knows whats up.

Why dont you just get some chicken wire or some thin fencing material and wrap it around the abse of the pot your plant is in, making it high enough so the cats cant get into it? You acn find the material at almost any hardware store and its pretty cheap.
-PM

well, I have a cat that also would love to have some fun with my plants, but everytime he comes near I squirt him with a spray bottle full of water. After you spray them (only when they're near the plants) a few times, they'll learn to not go around there again. Cats hate water.

Easy solution: Get a dog. The dog will take care of your cat problem, and they are friendlier and easier to train anyway ;-P
-PM

PM: Just kidding of course...I love kitties. But I am highly alergic to them.

thanx everyone, I moved them on my stereo which is on my dresser the cats havent got them yet, and I do have dogs but they don't do nothin......Hey Brett where do you go to college at? I just moved near Lansing

well, cats can climb. If they really want to get to your plant they will. Keep a spray bottle near, or just scare it when it comes close.

Thepurplem0nkey said:
Easy solution: Get a dog. The dog will take care of your cat problem, and they are friendlier and easier to train anyway ;-P
-PM

PM: Just kidding of course...I love kitties. But I am highly alergic to them.

Heh, I agree with you, dogs are the way to go. And you won't get any dog hair in your grow! That is sooo nasty when people have cat hair in the herb. And believe me..you will if you have cats. Anyway, if I were you, i would try the repellant, or build a simple grow box. It will be more efficient since there will be no light wasted, and your animals can not enter into it. It also cuts down on critters and mites. Or just say fuck all, and turn the room your growing in..into a 100% grow room. Your yeilds will be insane, and think of how much money you will save! Plus it will make it so you have a constant harvest. But that's just me, I don't grow. :peace:

Here's the easiest solution for keeping the cats away.

Take a little bit of their kitty litter and put it near the plant (put the pot on top of a thin layer). Cats are very clean animals and do not like to eat near their rest stops. They will stay away from that plant.

If they try to poop on the plant they are not well enough trained to use their own box :)

Why don't you have your plants in an enclosed area?
lilstoner said:
I moved them on my stereo which is on my dresser the cats havent got them yet
Do you just have them sitting on top of your stereo?
NOT a good place to grow successful marijuana.

lilstoner said:
well I tried last year but the damn cops came over so my mom flush them :( they were doing really good... but anywayz i got these growing in a strawberry container, how much light do they need? I got a 60w light bolb on them all day I tern it off when I go to bed though
Number 1 rule: DON'T grow in your parent's house unless they agree to it. Do you want your parents to go down because of you?

What do you mean by 'strawberry container'? I think you should do a bit more reading before you attempt to grow again. Check through the forums, ask questions and I can guarantee you'll get better results.

A plant grown on top of a stereo in "Mom's house" doesn't last very long, nor does it produce it's full potential. Why waste money on a plant now, when you could spend the same money and produce a nice system which gives you adequete smoking material?

I know what a strawberry container is.

I don't mean any disrespect, but like I said... a strawberry container sitting on top of a stereo isn't that great of an idea. Same with "turning the lights off before you go to bed". Marijuana needs a structured timing system.

I stand by what I said previously, but I do wish you the best of luck.

I have four cats.

I've grown up surrounded by both, cats and dogs.

And I wouldn't trade my cats for all the dogs in the world.

"Cats rule and dogs drool"... A truer statement has never been made :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom