Canada/Ontario Grower Thread

I lived and grew in Windsor Ontario right across the river from Detroit for many years and Americans would take the chance of coming across the border and pay $4000 a pound for Canadian weed,im not saying there isnt some wicked dank over there but why take the risk if theres is better?this was in the early 90's, alot has changed since then but from what i understand its still happening to this day.

$4000 a lb?! I'm not too far from there and would NEVER go up there to get it when there is plenty of growers on this side of the border. I'm sure alot of people do go up there to get it from here. I'm sure alot of them aren't that well connected in the states that go up there. I actually know some friends that buy it from up North, but it is at a much cheaper price than $4,000 an elbow, and has a nice profit margin for them. So yes, there may be alot of people from the states getting it from Canada. There is also alot of people who never would even think about it, because there is no need to.

All I'm saying is the knowledge and genetics to grow great cannabis is pretty much all over the world. You can achieve quality product no matter where you're located.

we are a patriotic bunch over here so im sure that post was not intended to insult anybody, and from all the awesome american journals here im sure there is some exellent cronic here there and everywhere nowadays,like i said in my previous post I witnessed it happeneing in the early 90's and most of the people doing it were buying it for personal headstash not for resale.

I'm sure it wasn't meant to be an insult either. Sorry, I just can't stand the whole "my hometown has better weed than your's" type of mentality. People can grow good pot any where and the growers from different parts of the world on this site have more than proven so.

btw, welcome to :420: will you be starting a journal?

I've actually been a member longer than you, and have been lurking here for years now. Just not a very active member. lol 420 has taught me a lot and worked my green thumb completely into shape. I was doing this for quite some time before finding 420...overgrow was my home before here. As for a journal...hmm...lets just say I haven't quite worked myself up to starting one. Maybe when I relocate.

we are a patriotic bunch over here so im sure that post was not intended to insult anybody, and from all the awesome american journals here im sure there is some exellent cronic here there and everywhere nowadays,like i said in my previous post I witnessed it happeneing in the early 90's and most of the people doing it were buying it for personal headstash not for resale.

We had the dank here in the 90's too, but you had to be alot more "in the know" then. I love Canadian weed man. The seeds of alot of my favorite strains were obtained in Canada. Guess I've kind of been lucky with the Pops being a green thumb and have always had access to good genetics.

True, but there is always more to learn. These days I've been following Docbud's lead with High Brix growing. Kind of jumped the gun before he had his kit ready. Was in 6-5-3, and now I'm using the high brix soil mix, foliar feeds, and nutrient drenches based off of my soil broadcast from ag labs. I'm in love with High Brix.

yep Doc knows his stuff thats for sure, I dont like alot of the things hes says about led's not beeing good for anything other than closet grows though, but to each they're own. My journal is proof that it can be done once you know the differences of growing with them.Im actually adding 6 145 watt panels to my next grow and getting rid of the movers:)

I too am loyal to HPS, but respect what led's can do for sure. I have seen and smoked some amazing grows using LED lights. Your grow is very nice. I'm already subscribed to it.

Good old canadian frosty yum I'm in ontario as well and just starting a project as well this very week it has been a long time but doing some old fashion AG I will journal the action

very nice pics 705 the PK looks great. need a hand trimming lol
bad_boys_20.gif

Back
Top Bottom