Cannabis Ash In Soil?

So here I was smoking a couple bowls of Pineapple Express off the Joker bong, getting ready to watch the Willow series on Disney, and the thought occured to me "can I save my ash and throw it into my soil as like a bio-char?" Admittedly, I had smoked prior to these 2 bowls already, but would adding ash from my bowls be beneficial at all? Not saying I smoke enough to replace anything, but it got me curious. So what is the concensus people, am I dumb, high, uninformed.... or on to something???

It wouldn't be biochar as those are usually chunks or bits of wood charcoal that have then been "charged" with nutrients and microbes. Wood ash itself is sometimes used itself to add minerals and adjust pH and is often run through a compost pile first.

As to whether there is any benefit to the ash from your smoke being added to your grow, I would think minimally at best.

It would take a lot of weed ash to be beneficial enough that any improvement in the plant could be noticed.

I dump the ashtray with roaches and ash onto the bottom layer of soil when starting a transplanting session. It does not hurt anything that I have noticed. If I did not put it into that pot the ashtray would get dumped into the container of leaves and plant material that is headed to the compost trench.

It wouldn't be biochar as those are usually chunks or bits of wood charcoal that have then been "charged" with nutrients and microbes. Wood ash itself is sometimes used itself to add minerals and adjust pH and is often run through a compost pile first.

As to whether there is any benefit to the ash from your smoke being added to your grow, I would think minimally at best.
Thanks Azimuth. Just one of those wild ideas that pop up, figured I asked those that know.

It would take a lot of weed ash to be beneficial enough that any improvement in the plant could be noticed.

I dump the ashtray with roaches and ash onto the bottom layer of soil when starting a transplanting session. It does not hurt anything that I have noticed. If I did not put it into that pot the ashtray would get dumped into the container of leaves and plant material that is headed to the compost trench.
Yeah, my thought came from "is there something better to do with these ashes?" If it doesnt hurt, I might just start doing that as well.

Back
Top Bottom