CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

ok thanks man

Happy 420 everyone! Just cooling my first batch of budder. I used these instructions with a couple of variations.
I used 2 oz of vaped herb and 2 lbs of butter. Not feeling sure on the vaped herb, I spiced it up with an additional 1/2 oz of good grade grinded bud, a handful of premium leaves, a handful of stems (should have skipped the stems, too messy). and about 3 cups of water. Put in all in a crockpot on low for 12 hrs.
The straining part was hard. Here's a few tips.
Make sure you have lots of cheesecloth and that it's wide enough to cover your bowls. Mine wasn't so I had to criss cross which sucked during squeezing. I ran out of cheese cloth and had to resort to pantyhose for the final straining. I strained everything 3 times. back and forth into 2 large bowls in a double sink.
Prepare the bowls in advance with a couple extra bowls just in case. Prepare EVERYTHING in advance. You'll be glad you did.
Use disposal rubber gloves, I went thru 3 pair. You're gonna get very buttery. Clean up takes time and lots of soap.
Use a large bowl underneath your work area to catch overflow. I dumped several oz's down the drain before I realized it. Llg bowls in both sinks solve the problem.
My budder is beginning to separate now. One bowl has a 1/4 inch on top, the other same size bowl has about 2 inches on top. Not sure why since it was all from the same batch, just divided before chilling.
My budder is also very very dark. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. I can see some green tinge but not much. It smells wonderful though. Not burnt. Hoping this is a sign of killer budder. We'll find out tomorrow!

Just a quick update to let you know my budder turned out AWESOME!
Made a batch of toll house cookies, takes one cookie to toast you for a few hours.
I have over a lb left in the fridge for future baking! I'd have more if I had not dumped half of it down the sink during straining. The color is a nice deep green. The smell took 2 days to air out of my kitchen. No big deal as I live on a farm. lol

GREAT THREAD!!! Working on a batch of buDDer right now. 2nd hour but going to go for 4 or 5?

1 lb. unsalted cow butter to 21 g. of Blue Goo High Grade Medical MJ.

Hope they're STRONG and lasting! I'll update with details and let everyone know how everything turns out. I got cookies, cakes, brownies, muffins, and much more lined up. Don't worry... more butter and more meds!

I'll try to remember pixs on 1 of my next batches.

I have a few questions about this...I'm a medical marijuana user in michigan and my caregiver is growing me some AK and some Kush...will just the trimmings be enough or should I mix in some bud...or do all bud??? and if I do use just bud do I need an ounce still to a pound of butter? I just don't want to waste more than I need to and get so bad that I can't even move...would like any input...thanks for your time

Delux

I have a few questions about this...I'm a medical marijuana user in michigan and my caregiver is growing me some AK and some Kush...will just the trimmings be enough or should I mix in some bud...or do all bud??? and if I do use just bud do I need an ounce still to a pound of butter? I just don't want to waste more than I need to and get so bad that I can't even move...would like any input...thanks for your time

Delux

Do not use the large fan leaves because they contain very little THC compared to there mass. The rest of the trimmings should work great.

I recommend using 1 oz per pound of butter when using buds, so you may want to consider using more trimmings than you would bud. However the trimmings could be very potent if there from well grown AK and Kush plants. So you should probably experiment a little first, you wouldn't want to eat to much now! :)

Anyways you can check out: cooking marijuana for some great info, and cannabutter for more specifics.

Hope this helped.

Delux
High Delux. The trimmings are fine. If you have the trim to play with, I would go with the standard 1 oz to 1 pound butter, then once you know how strong that is for you, you can make the adjustment up or down. I hope that helps.

Snicker, snort, cough up a lung and then laugh! Thanks. You have a deal, as a matter of fact I will be creating a DVD called Cooking Cannabis with Medicinal Mike and I will include that name in the recipe there as well.

so, forgot to report back...

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the thread or not.... but it is not so good to put the mix right into the fridge.. :) it forces it to cool too quick, and you get a ton of "bb's" of butter... I think it would be best to let the mix cool on the counter first, to room temp, and then move it into the fridge,,,

so my buddy (poppaox) well his fiance made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, with one sticks worth of butter.
tasted pretty good, still tasted the weed, but the chocolate covered real well. I ate 2 at around 6:30pm, decent buzz, more of a background thing for me, but when I smoked, it took very little to send me off.. woke up in middle of the night to pee,, and I swear I was still stoned.. haha

my wife made canna-banana bread last night, it took 2 sticks, and was very tasty, could not taste the weed at all,,, was a very delicious banana bread.. very dense, I ate a slice, again, for me, it was more of a background thing, nice mellow high, almost a little giggly even..

now, my wife, who does not smoke very much, ate about 1/2 a piece of bread at 7pm, by the time we went to bed, about 10, she was wrecked... at about midnight, she wakes me up because she is sure she is gonna die... had to stay up with her for a couple of hours while she got sick, then back to bed with the shakes.... today, she looke like she drank a brewery... so I guess they are pretty strong ;) it must really affect people differently...

just a quick pic of the canna-butter, after pulling a chunk out for cookies ;)
IMG295.jpg

Back
Top Bottom