CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

This canna butter recipe is cool but it seems that in the process you make clarified butter, so I dont think thats waste water your pouring out, well im going to experiment and see what happens. When you heat butter the fats seperate and float to the top, the remaining liquid under the fat solids is clarified butter?! Im thinking?

Has anybody made cannabutter using vaped weed only? I have about 24g of vaped bud saved up, and i'm itching to make some butter. I've done it before with ground up bud but never vaped. If i could get someone with experience or the know how that'd be great.

"I read somewhere that no bake treats are better because the butter is never recooked or baked at any given temperature. What are your thoughts on this?"

The things I've made that did not require re-cooking/baking have always been stronger: a pesto with canna-olive oil and my no-bake fudge balls so far.

This forum did not put the quote in green - wonder why?

Has anybody made cannabutter using vaped weed only? I have about 24g of vaped bud saved up, and i'm itching to make some butter. I've done it before with ground up bud but never vaped. If i could get someone with experience or the know how that'd be great.

I have heard that folks use vaped weed along with trim and/or bud. The dispensary next door just gave me a small bag of vaped weed, and I get a mild buzz from it. I think if I were going to use it alone, I would probably use 2 oz. to one stick of butter. And, as usual, it depends on the original strength of the bud going into the vaporizer.

I am about to get a few oz.'s of trim to make canna-butter. My question is - can I use this method with fresh trim, or does it have to dry first? Fresh trim cannot be put through a sieve or ground up as easily.

(I am loathe to use the food processor for grinding it up since all the trichomes stuck very stubbornly to the sides of the plastic food processor bowl when I did this, and there was no getting them off except to swirl some vodka in it and drink it, but even then they still stuck there.)

I used 2 oz of untrimmed bud to 3 lbs. of butter. Kicked my ass! I thought I was going to od on edibles! Since I will be going into this business soon, I had to try several levels of potency and found that I need to cut it in half since I am cooking with whole buds too.

Maybe someone has an answer to this: does using the water method to make cannabutter remove any harmful byproducts so as not to get stomach aches?

Thanks for this recipe.

Does anybody know of a way to skip the straining/cheesecloth step? My thought is this: would the bud/grass settle at the bottom of the container which is being refrigerated, or would it stay mixed in with the butter. It seems like you'd lose some of the butter when you run it through the cheesecloth (because some of it is soaked into the cheesecloth).

it more or less settles. When I use buds or clippings to make cannabudder I prefer to leave them in the mix for this very reason.

..um, and cause by the time its done cooking I've licked the spoon a few times. It might taste a little bit more 'herby' but that doesnt bother my friends and I.

Just got done making my first batch. Strained it with cheese clothe. My first attempt. Tomorrow i bake tollhouse cookies:yummy:

I have a grower that is making kush for me. I am going to ask my doc if I can raise my amount by 3 x so I can eat most of it. I am allowed 5 grams a day. If the Doc says yes, that would be 15grams a day, but I would be eating like crazy!

Cool! let me know how they turn out!!! I prefer edibles. I can spend a day baking various things and spend a month medicating anywere I need to. ;)

:thumb::yummy::rollit:

Thanks have never tried an edible. I hope the taste and the effect are up to my expectations. If so I will need to try other recipes. I am really looking forward to this. Wish I had done this yesterday so I could have baked today.

Personally I found that it's generally better to make a much stronger budder and just eat smaller portions untill you gradually get the portions right. It takes a few tries, but works for me like a charm now.
(especially effective when making things like rice crispy treats or my 'Yummy Hippy Treats' recipe that use less budder.)

so how do u mix the cannabutter with the brownies

I used 2 oz of untrimmed bud to 3 lbs. of butter. Kicked my ass! I thought I was going to od on edibles! Since I will be going into this business soon, I had to try several levels of potency and found that I need to cut it in half since I am cooking with whole buds too.

Maybe someone has an answer to this: does using the water method to make cannabutter remove any harmful byproducts so as not to get stomach aches?

There shouldn't be any harmful by-products in your cannabis. If there are, you are smoking them as well. I have heard about some growers using more chemicals to force a bigger yield, but if they don't rinse them out properly, the pot tastes like plastic.

Back
Top Bottom