Can't decide on light hanging pattern in grown tent. Please help.

NateToke

I have a 4x4 tent where I am currently running two PlatinumLED P300's. They are currently hung at the two respective 1/3 lines across the tent. I just purchased a P600 that I want to add to the grow.

My question is the new pattern I should hang the lights when I add the P600. I am split between running all three parrellel, essentially dividing the tent into 1/5th's (rather than the current 1/3 split with the two 300's) or if I should hang them in an "H" pattern, with the 600 down the middle and the 300's at the top and bottom, essentially forming an "H".

I am leaning towards the H pattern to allow the 600's larger footprint to cover the majority of the tent, with the 300's at the top and bottom to cover the edges. I think this set up will let me lower the 300's, if necessary, without casting too much shadow from the 600.

I prefer this setup over running all three parallel because dropping the 300's lower on the sides would block some of the 600's output .

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Nate

I just had a buddy give me a brand new Mars II 600W that his wife made him get rid of, so I'm moving the P600 into my 2x4 12/12 flowering tent and I'm hanging the Mars in the middle of the 4x4 24/0 veg tent flanked by the two P300's directly on either side of the Mars.

I will have a mix of autos and vegging photos in the 4x4 and no more than two flowering photos in the flower tent.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom