Cant get to grips with ec reading an converstion

rundmt

i added nutes to 2 seperate plants bbxnl an 2 afghan kush autos right my my ec pen went o 700us then in another mixture of nutes with bottled water but said 120 x10 wtf is tht all about lol
so whats going on how do i get a 0.7 ec reading as some one else put also i took water temps they fluctuated differntly what am i doing wrong lol
CYMERA_20130922_230953.jpg

what i dont get is why one went to 700 us and other was 120 x10 only diffference was water tap verus bottled so how do i work it out im layman terms as im thick and slow im sort of get it

what i dont get is why one went to 700 us and other was 120 x10 only diffference was water tap verus bottled so how do i work it out im layman terms as im thick and slow im sort of get it

Here is a thread which will provide some background for you: What is the difference between ppm and EC?

You have two separate readings - one is .7 and the other is 1.2 - or you could look at these numbers as 700 and 1200 as they are basically the same.

So you have a difference of approximately 500.

What this represents is the difference in total dissolved solids between distilled water (close to 0 PPM) and tap water (varies, somewhere between 100 and 700 PPM).

At a difference of 500 - and assuming a conversion factor of .7 - that would be 350 PPM of dissolved solids in the tap water that you are using. And as you can see - it is in the middle of the range for tap water.

This is the reason that people use R/O water - they can add more nutes without going too high on the concentration.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance - this is a complicated topic for sure.

Back
Top Bottom