Captains Log- Star Date 09/29-The Borg/Bug Wars

in the words of butch or sundance "who are those guys"....i went in yesterday to give them their dose of spray, and they were lined up on the leaves holding up their cups....i did notice some had become lame tho....sooooo....being the nasty b.... that i am...i set off a bug bomb last nite....figured, kick them when they're down....why not......i'm not fighting them because i like them.....im beginning to wonder if the ones i got are immune to it all....they seem like seasoned vets.....they may have done all this to them before they got passed on to me....NEVER..NEVER..AGAIN..will i ever take in a clone from some one else....unless i have somewhere to isolate it a mile away from the other girls...well back to airing out the bug room...er....the veg. room....lavendar

hey Lav...Regarding your seedling question, I have no experience in that dept. Ive fought the fight on the cuttings/small clones front but never in the seedling arena. This I know: I didnt lose any of the tiny tot-ettes using the same treatments, however, it is tough on em. My specific problem was all my cuttings/clones were on 24 hour floro lighting and as Ive mentioned, using the oils can be tricky due to leaf burn. I raised the lighting to several feet, treated and hoped for the best. They all survived the 2 week treatment but as I said, they were a bit disheveled with minor burn but survived to go on and live "fruitful lives. In fact they are flowering as I type.

The best thing to do is to scope daily to check progress. Dont get discouraged if you still detect Borg/bugs, but you should be seeing less and less with each scope and the ones still living should not be skippin and runnin, if ya get my drift. Well, they should be running but definitely not skipping. Look for carcasses. A healthy body count will let you know if what you are using is working. Treat every third day for at least a week. The adults should be gone within a week or so. If not, your application isnt working and you need to go to the next level. Dont give the invasion time to adapt and build up an immunity. If your infestation is bad, get control quickly or it's a case of at first you have them, and then sadly, they then have you...Again, with the Agricultural oils, treat during sleep cycle to prevent leaf burnage.

Update on my Borg/bug wars- My plants were treated with a mix of Avid/Azamax before they went in the flower room just to make sure to get late hatchers, if any. 2 weeks later, I brought the plants out, one at a time, did the spin n spray and returned em to the flower room (done during sleep cycle). The girls where apprx 3-1/2 ft at the time. Again, a 1000watt HPS will have absolutely no mercy if the plants are wet and the light is on. I then switched to the 12/12 flower run.

2 weeks later, (today) plants are roughly 4 ft and 25 in count and again, I hauled em all out, did another spin n spray with a minor trim while they were "up on the rack". The buds are forming with nice white hairs and this is the last chance you get to treat them effectively due to the fact that when the trichome process starts, if you still have bugs, IMO, game over. These days, I try and time my last treatment to be done a week or so before trich development begins. It ensures a clean run to the finish line. Oh, and I NEVER go in the flower room without my grow room cover-alls on. Never! :peace: MF

Oh..."Who are those guys...? One of the best lines in the movie...MF

hello mf, your right what a difference a couple days make, i started my treatment on wed and today sat i noticed my plants are looking very happy today, i wont let my guard down because i did see some eggs not many but a couple so i gonna keep up the sentry duty thanks again mf.

rnwy29erclr

Cool man!...Another Borg/bug invasion and catastrophe averted...Outstanding work, soldier...:peace: MF

MeddieFreddie's Area 51- Off Hiway 420, somewhere near Roswell...

Area_51.jpg

thanks for the encouragement....one of the last orders of bugs is on its way....glad your ladies are doing so great....got a new sprayer, one with a revolving and up and down nozzle and it works great for spraying azomax on 'em....moved 4 more to the bud room, sprayed them and let them sit overnight in tub....thanks for the warning....made that mistake....ugly....nasty looking burns, scarred forever.....the azomax says it wont kill preditor bugs....how....does it know the diff???....so far the clones and the seedlings survived the dr. doom bomb, been 4 days so will see if they hold up under the spray, guess i'll finish out the rest of the time with that....so far, no live ones....but i see new bite marks on one plant so know they are there....what strain are you raising? thank you, lavendar

by the by f.m.
those are some awesome looking plants...they do not look bad AT ALL from their experience....next time, lavendar

Readying for war. An elevated table for good under-leaf access and a high end commercial 3 gallon sprayer/blaster. Light off the business end of the sprayer and commence eradication process. A reasonable thinning is also done while the girls are "on the rack". Spray n spin, spray n spin...:peace:

On_the_Rack_1.jpg

A good stiff spray will help dislodge the invasion nasties. Allow the spray to drip into the soil in order to seek and destroy the Borg/bug "ground troops". Check & clear your spray nozzle often due to frequent cloggage which is quite common when using the Agricultural Oils.

On_the_rack_2.jpg

"Captain, we have survivors..." These gals, less than a month ago, where bein over-run by the Borg/bugs. With the invasion now behind them, they are well on their way to enjoying a "fruitful" existence.

On_the_rack_3.jpg

thanks for the encouragement....one of the last orders of bugs is on its way....glad your ladies are doing so great....got a new sprayer, one with a revolving and up and down nozzle and it works great for spraying azomax on 'em....moved 4 more to the bud room, sprayed them and let them sit overnight in tub....thanks for the warning....made that mistake....ugly....nasty looking burns, scarred forever.....the azomax says it wont kill preditor bugs....how....does it know the diff???....so far the clones and the seedlings survived the dr. doom bomb, been 4 days so will see if they hold up under the spray, guess i'll finish out the rest of the time with that....so far, no live ones....but i see new bite marks on one plant so know they are there....what strain are you raising? thank you, lavendar

Hey Lav...Glad to hear youre "still fightin the good fight". What a grow/trooper! If you suffered burnage, and the plants are young enough, they'll come thru it. I either cut off the tips of the leaves or if the leaf is burned down along the entire leaf, I remove the leaf completely. I try to save as much of the leaf as possible to prevent growth shock from removing too many leaves at one time.

Ya know, Ive often wondered myself how or why it is that certain spray applications will kill the bad guy bugs without taking out the good guy soldiers. I didnt wonder too awfully long simply because I dont use the predator introduction offensive/defensive strategy.

Not to sound poopy but there are numerous ways to become aware that baddies abound and one good way is the evidence of Borg/bug poop. I know it's a crappy way to tell but it has it's merits. A good scout/tracker can pick up "sign" by paying attention to the droppings of the prey he seeks.

The Borg/bug arent smart enough to bury their "business" so keeping a good "poop-eye" peeled can be beneficial. That said, if you have introduced the good guy bugs, alas, they dont bury their business either so differentiating between the bad guy poop and the good guy poop is down right poopy impossible.

Now, I dont refrain from use the predators mites for this reason but being able to "track" is, IMO, a very valuable asset in any invasion skirmish. As Ive said, I dont do the predator thing for several reason. An example would be: What if they happen to be county or state worker type predators and they dont show up for work or they take 3 breaks before lunch, 3 breaks after lunch and then go home early because the supervisor is out on the golf course? Besides, relying on bugs to get me out of a mess that I created in the first place is IMO, unfair to the predators. I'm sure they are thinking, "Oh great, we have to go eat a bunch of nasty tasting Borg/bugs 'cause this dumb-ass human wasnt payin attention... I know it's probably not like that but what if it is? LOL :peace: MF

** Area 51 contains Grandaddy Purple this run. The Borg/bug invasion took out my Black Afghan & White Widow youngins. The GDP is a hearty strain and refused to bow under to the Borg/bug demands. These chics are battle tested and fearless, bless their little green hearts...:peace:

yes, i agree...
and they could be fed. workers....but so far they are diligent....maybe? they were hungrey....i get to spray today....yeah....finally have them out of the tub....i only have been putting pred. in the bud room....i just wont wash leaves, and there are only a few in there....really havent seen any lately, but one more invasion of the good guys and i'll see if they are still needed....
the veg room is going to take a while....so decides to just keep spraying every 3rd day...i cross it off on the calendar....they are thinning out....and since they go to the bud room....after a good drench and dry, i keep putting good bugs in there....kinda a real circle jerk, but it is working......
at least you know what you like....with the kinds of plants....i'm still looking....my favorite all time, believe it or not, was col. gold.....loved that dirt taste and great high...but now, its all changed....i'm growing now, brain storm, bubba kush, strawberry haze, chronic haze, nyc diesel, sour diesel, train wreck, cal.orange, blackjack, a local one called high plains drifter, dutch delight, cheese, white widow, blueberry, and purple wreck, l.a. confidential.....had a few more, but phasing out what we dont fancy, and some of these are on the list to go also....lavendar

yes, i agree...
and they could be fed. workers....but so far they are diligent....maybe? they were hungrey....i get to spray today....yeah....finally have them out of the tub....i only have been putting pred. in the bud room....i just wont wash leaves, and there are only a few in there....really havent seen any lately, but one more invasion of the good guys and i'll see if they are still needed....
the veg room is going to take a while....so decides to just keep spraying every 3rd day...i cross it off on the calendar....they are thinning out....and since they go to the bud room....after a good drench and dry, i keep putting good bugs in there....kinda a real circle jerk, but it is working......
at least you know what you like....with the kinds of plants....i'm still looking....my favorite all time, believe it or not, was col. gold.....loved that dirt taste and great high...but now, its all changed....i'm growing now, brain storm, bubba kush, strawberry haze, chronic haze, nyc diesel, sour diesel, train wreck, cal.orange, blackjack, a local one called high plains drifter, dutch delight, cheese, white widow, blueberry, and purple wreck, l.a. confidential.....had a few more, but phasing out what we dont fancy, and some of these are on the list to go also....lavendar

Wow, quite a menu...How does one go about gatherin such an assortment of delectable delights? Do you own a seekbank? LOL :peace: MF

i usually take clones from the stuff on the bottom and inside that i thin....only take tops if they have a month to recover....i let my girls grow for a "bit" longer than others....but no rush to the finish...and i experimented with 12/12, then 13/11, to 14/10.it worked great for the growth and finish, really could get the weight, but took way too long to keep the vegs waiting for...they were outgrowing the gal pots, so had to go back to 12/12....this is the fourth crop, so i've had the time to try different stuff on them...but seem to keep gravitating to the "old" tried and true....this is my hobby as well as meds...it keeps me from going crazy from the nerve pain....don't like pills, so this works and takes the edge off and the rest i can handle....just worked toooo long, wore myself out...but, this is the first time i have had to deal with the borg bugs...awful things, but everything has a purpose and i guess this one was to irritate my peacefull (ok, semi-peaceful) existance...lol..lavendar

Back
Top Bottom