Carbon filter is finally up and running

SwissSwiss

hello folks,

got it in the mail today together with my 200m3/h winflex in-line exhaust. here is how i set up...

DSC045573.jpg

it was a huge pain in the butt to hook up but i managed in the end, a real tight fit.... the ducking doesn't bend in any unnatural way so air should flow fluently...

what im loving about this exhaust is the way it keeps the grow box ultra cool.... some of you may recall I had temperature issues while i was "dry testing" my cabinet, at full 12 cfls my temperatures would hit near 40°c. now at full power my temps dont climb over 25°c (WINNING!!!).

still, I have a few questions for you.... im currently running the system with an active intake hooked up to a 100mm 100M3/h fan, is this really a must? (i guess its the age old question: passive Vs. active intake) keep in mind my exhaust is a 125mm hole so the passive intake would be a single 100mm hole plus a smaller hole I made to pass my cables through...

secondly, will the carbon filter work efficiently the way its set up?

Using a intake fan gives you the ability to direct the airflow where you want it/need it.

Without the intake fan the exhaust fan will draw air from the bottom vent in a pretty straight line toward the exhaust.
A intake fan throughly mixes the incoming air.

I suggest a fan speed controller or two , they can be had for as little as $30 and allow you to fine tune the fan RPM as needed. Some people wire both intake and exhaust to one speed controller , I like to use two controllers

Back
Top Bottom