SwissSwiss

hello all,

first of all specs:

1x northern lights in soil
30x40x128 cm white grow cabinet.
6x 21 w 2500 cfl
6X 23 w 2700 cfl
intake fan 100mm 100m3/h

my cabinet is almost done, still missing the exhaust and carbon filter but iv been doing some "dry test runs". I've been running the "6x 21"s on a 18/6 schedule and my temperatures stabilizes at 32.9-33°C with a humidity of 44% at 24°C. this is HALF my lighting power and I don't dare think what the temperature would be if i ran all 12 lights full throttle.

in terms of air circulation i have a small hole (about 5cm of diameter) on the top corner of my cabinet where i run my light cables out and a 100mm diameter hole in the bottom opposite corner where my "intake fan" is lodged.

I plan to add some sort of fan inside the cabinet but im thinking that wont actually "cool" things as much as push the hot air around, so my question to you is this....

I was thinking of getting a 200m3/h exhaust fan and hook it up to a 400m3/h carbon filter, do you folks think this would be enough to drop the temperatures below 29°C while all 12 lights are running?

the temperature outside the cabinet is about 23°C, I fear drilling more "intake holes" would release smell when harvest time approaches.... should I double my intake and exhaust fan capacities to cool things down?

I could keep the cabinet door open while the plant is vegetating but that's not the purpose of this setup...

thank you in advance
Jeff

hmmm, should have probably skimmed through other peoples posts before posting myself....

I would still need an experienced guess though.... seems my best bet is relying on my exhaust fan to cool things down and the more im reading the more im thinking 200m3/h wont cut it.... with all 12 lights running im flirting with the 40°C....o.0!!!

where would i place "passive" intakes if i head down that road?

EDIT:

seems i figured it out.....

with all 12 bulbs running...

with "intake" off temps climb to 41°C
with "intake" on temps stop at around 39°C
with "intake" converted to "exhaust" temps drop to 27.7°C and dropping...

this is encouraging, keep in mind the improvised "exhaust" is at the bottom corner of the grow box, yet its still able to suck heat out despite the fact heat naturally rises. this makes me think that an exhaust hooked to a carbon filter on the top corner will lower temperature all the more efficiently....especially since it will have double the CFM capacity ...

Back
Top Bottom