Caterpillar & Moth Problem

MikeH

420 Member
About two weeks going ( week 2 of grow) I found cabbage loopers on my plants in an indoor environment. I went ahead and applied Spinosad twice which took care of most of the live ones but some of them were already in the pupae stage. Today (going into week 5 of grow) I noticed a dead moth on the ground which I'm assuming laid a TON of eggs everywhere. Going towards the end of the grow I was recommended to apply BT (
Bacillus thuringiensis).

My question is this what I should spray, should I do spinosad also? How often and what amount of application, should i drench the plants?

thank in advance.

damage from Moths? You mean the caterpillars?
Sorry, saw you said dead moth and cabbage looper...were there caterpillars?....I was overrun with tent caterpillars this spring and although it was epic and horrifying...they didn't do any damage to my plants (and I picked off hundreds of them). They would have killed them if I let them to form chrysalis (it curls the leaves and suffocates the plant)...

So my question was meant to be....was their any damage to your leaves or is it just the presence of them that annoys you? Spraying with anything might be more long term cost than merited...but that's up to you.

There were chewed leaves, yes.The nugs were luckily untouched so far. I managed to kill most of them with spinosad but some reached the "cacoon" stage and hatched into moths, so far I have found about 4 dead moths in the room and no sign of further leaf damage,. My concern is the moths laying a bunch of eggs and this turning into an infestation and at this stage they are able to burrow inside the nugs which the sprays dont really reach.

That picture holy moly! I had around 10 in the entire room I'm assuming since about 4-6 died from spinosad and a few turns into moths and died. Also mine were a lot brighter green

Back
Top Bottom