CFL questions for seedlings

Use Philips led bulbs from Home Depot. 4 bulbs for $12.99 60w equivalent. MUST BE 5000k for seedlings.
You'll get twice the lumens with LED bulbs vs CFL.
23w 5000k CFL
420-magazine-mobile13707669.jpg

12w Philips 5000k LED bulb.
420-magazine-mobile1557912115.jpg

Literally twice the brightness for half the electricity consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

CFL is garbage. Most of the light is green and most of the light scattered everywhere but on your plants. You can use the Philips bulbs from seedling to veg. I don't flower under them. They're just an economical option for seeding as they only use 8-12w versus my regular LED COB light which uses 280w.
This is a plant, 1 month old, 12" high grown under only Philips led bulbs.
They work fantastic for veg.
420-magazine-mobile1255744879.jpg

What LED system are you getting?

7 band 2.1 360 watt LED from HTG SUPPLY. It's the one that comes with agromax tent package.

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That will do. Too much light for seedlings. Use the bulbs for seed.

You think 4 5000k cfl should be enough to start 3 auto's? Also, is that an app on your phone that tells you how many lumens are present?

You do realize that light looks bigger in the ad. There's no way it will completely illuminate a 24x24 inch tent.

You think 4 5000k cfl should be enough to start 3 auto's? Also, is that an app on your phone that tells you how many lumens are present?

I wouldn't use CFL. I don't use CFL so I can't comment.
Yes the iPhone app is called Galatica.

Here's a shot of the 30,000 lumen COB lights I build. Literally as bright as the sun.
575,000 Lux.
420-magazine-mobile454217245.jpg

You do realize that light looks bigger in the ad. There's no way it will completely illuminate a 24x24 inch tent.

That's the LED that comes with the complete package for the Agromax Original 3x3x7. You're saying I need a bigger light than the one they suggest for that size? Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your help. This is gonna be my first grow and I'm ready to invest but I really wanna get the right setup.

I use cfls in Veg!!! Im a newbie on a budget. My girls loved it. Im using 100w Daylights and I have 4 60wt soft in w my T5s in my flower house. I also purchased Phillips from Home Depot $9.99 for 4 here.
420-magazine-mobile912659460.jpg
420-magazine-mobile40483751.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

I wouldn't use CFL. I don't use CFL so I can't comment.
Yes the iPhone app is called Galatica.

Here's a shot of the 30,000 lumen COB lights I build. Literally as bright as the sun.
575,000 Lux.
420-magazine-mobile454217245.jpg

Got any info on parts and instructions regarsing the Super Sun you built.30k lumen COB

def interested in finding out more

Ya. You need a Bridgelux, cree or citizen LED cob and a driver. You can buy DIY parts from CobKits, cutter electronics or Timber Grow lights.

That's the LED that comes with the complete package for the Agromax Original 3x3x7. You're saying I need a bigger light than the one they suggest for that size? Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your help. This is gonna be my first grow and I'm ready to invest but I really wanna get the right setup.

It's fine for a small Grow. Great for a few plants.

CFL is garbage. Most of the light is green and most of the light scattered everywhere but on your plants [...]
What ? Most of the light is green ? And it's scattered all over the place ? To me, it just looks like hateful "information" rather than close-to-scientific information. Light will be scattered all over the place if you don't have a hood, which is the exact same thing for any other light
Could you please explain ?

I use cfl's for veg an have no problems, yes u need a few of them an yes they need to be really close but for seedling to early veg I prefer cfl's till they go under hid's an my Plants r always short an stalky with very lil space between nodes. I also know a few people who only use cfl's for the whole grow an do amazingly well.

Back
Top Bottom